Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Operations
Department: Business Operations EMEA & APAC
About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects, and a 50:50 joint venture with bp. Our purpose is to deliver affordable and sustainable solar power for businesses and communities around the world.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you have a chance to ‘be the change’ - driving the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by passionate people with brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What you’ll do (the role)
Purpose of the role
LSbp is looking for someone to join the DevCo Business unit to help drive the next phase of our growth and global expansion.
As a Senior Manager, Business Operations, you will work in the Business Operations team within the Development and Delivery organisation.
The Business Operations team shapes and supports the development, execution, and management of LSbp’s DevCo’ s EMEA & APAC strategy by collaborating closely with the CEO of EMEA & APAC, Regional Department Directors, Country teams, the central Finance and Strategy teams and the broader Region. The team is responsible for three key areas:
- Track and report on progress on the portfolio under Development and Construction, spot issues and support where required to ensure delivery of regional and global targets;
- Design, improve and implement enhanced business processes and systems as the organisation expands;
- Drive and coordinate key aspects of day-to-day management, governance, financial management and communication of the region.
You will have the opportunity to obtain a deep commercial and financial understanding of solar development, gain valuable insight into decision making and management of a high-growth renewables business, alongside significant exposure to senior management and bp stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and own key aspects of day-to-day business management for the DevCo segment, working closely with the rest of the Business
Operations team to ensure alignment within the EMEA & APAC region
- Work cross functionally to drive high-priority strategic initiatives in a variety of fields to facilitate the growth of the business;
- Lead on pipeline reporting, forecasting and analysis for DevCo EMEA & APAC;
- Identify gaps in our existing ways of working, and work with all relevant teams to outline and implement improved processes, roll out new systems, taking ownership of end-to-end delivery of continuous improvement initiatives;
Support preparation for Board and Senior Management engagement, including developing clear and concise presentations.
Who we’re looking for
- 10+ years professional experience; energy / renewables / development
- Strong interest in solar PV and/or Storage Batteries and the energy transition
- Background in Finance or Business Management preferred
- BA or equivalent required; a degree in engineering or the sciences would be advantageous; Masters preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the entire company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence senior management
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to problem solve and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision-making skills with a high attention to detail
Flexible and “can do” attitude
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity,
Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.