Location of position: Could be London or Madrid based
About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp specializes in the financing, development, and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy. Our team comprises of 800 industry specialists, across 18 countries working towards our ambition to delivery 25GW of solar capacity by 2025.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By being part of the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
Whilst we have been established for over 10 years, we pride ourselves of our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By joining our team, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do (the role)
As Lightsource bp continues to grow, the business requires additional internal support developing PV plant performance models.
The main responsibilities of the role will involve performing PVsyst simulations for projects in the early stages of development, reviewing and advising on TA and EPC simulations, as well as analysing operating PV projects using a monitoring system to update modelling assumptions.
Knowledge of meteorological databases and basic PV parameters is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Performing PVsyst simulation.
- Using meteorological databases for projects in the USA.
- Review and advise on TA and EPC simulations.
- Liaising with Commercial Engineering to support performance modelling.
- Supporting performance testing after substantial completion.
- Exporting and extracting data from our monitoring system to enable an analysis of operating projects to update modelling assumptions.
Who we’re looking for
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Detailed knowledge of PV plant performance parameters such as PR and familiarity with recognised performance testing procedures.
- Experience in simulations with a storage system.
- Familiarity with Capacity Test procedures
- Engineering experience of industrial-scale PV plants.
- Relevant work experience in similar role desirable
- Relevant Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Outstanding communications skills able to manage interaction with internal and external interfaces.
- Commitment to aligning with the work ethos and hours of the Lightsource bp technical team.
- Develop tools, coach and support for non-technical personnel within the organisation.
- Confidence to maintain the integrity and justify Lightsource bp technical viewpoints when placed under both internal and external pressure.
- Availability to travel.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent English spoken and written.
- Full EU driving license.
- PVsyst, MS Office, CAD skills.
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.