About Lightsource bp:
Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalise on this growth. By joining Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
Our Values: Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible, and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values are guiding principle for everything we do…
- Safety – Creating and maintaining a long term, continuously safe and healthy environment is our top priority.
- Integrity – We are a company of uncompromising integrity and business ethics.
- Respect – We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment, and benefit the communities where we work.
- Sustainability – As a renewable energy company, we are part of the climate change solution.
- Drive – We adopt a ‘solutions’ driven mindset throughout the entire business to stay ahead of the game in an ever-changing global energy landscape.
What You’ll do (the role):
Lightsource bp are seeking a skilled and dedicated Purchase to Pay (PTP) Administrator to join our team during an exciting phase of our organization's growth and transformation. As we embark on the implementation of SAP, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful deployment and optimization of the Purchase to Pay (P2P) process within the new SAP system. Your expertise in procurement, accounts payable, and SAP will be critical in streamlining and enhancing our purchasing and payment processes. This role will be part of LSBP’s global Procurement team and it offers opportunities to grow your career in procurement, for example to develop as a junior buyer/category manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- SAP Implementation Support:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, procurement, and finance, to understand and document the organization's Purchase to Pay processes and requirements for the new SAP deployment.
- Assist in the configuration and setup of the P2P module in SAP, ensuring that it aligns with business needs and best practices.
- Participate in testing activities, including system integration testing, user acceptance testing, and data migration, to verify the accuracy and functionality of the P2P processes within SAP.
- As a PTP subject matter expert, provide effective training, guidance and issue resolution support to the business during SAP implementation, hyper-care, stabilisation of deployed processes, continued process improvement phases and any future functional deployment.
- Procurement and Purchase Order Management:
- Manage the end-to-end procurement process in SAP, including requisitions, purchase orders, and supplier information maintenance.
- Work closely with the business to ensure all purchase requisitions are accurately recorded, approved, and converted into purchase orders within SAP.
- Monitor and track purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, resolving any issues that may arise.
- Support the Head of Procurement – Indirect with sourcing activities as directed by Global Procurement Director – Strategy and Operations.
- Accounts Payable and Invoice Processing:
- Oversee the accounts payable process in SAP, ensuring that all vendor invoices are properly recorded, matched with purchase orders or goods receipts, and processed for payment.
- Collaborate with finance and accounts payable teams to address any discrepancies and ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date records of vendor master data and payment terms in SAP.
- Reporting and Data Analysis:
- Generate regular reports and dashboards to provide insights into P2P performance, such as purchase requisition-to-order cycle times, vendor performance, payment accuracy and payment to terms.
- Utilize SAP reporting tools and other data analysis techniques to identify process improvement opportunities and implement corrective actions.
- Look for trends in supplier spending to identify opportunities to improve procurement/value generation through supplier consolidation, negotiation and other forms of spend management.
- Compliance and Process Improvements:
- Ensure adherence to the organization's purchasing policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Identify areas for process optimization and standardization within the P2P process, and work with stakeholders to implement improvements.
- Assist in training end-users on P2P processes and SAP functionalities to enhance system understanding and overall efficiency.
Who we’re looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end Purchase to Pay processes, including procurement, purchase orders, goods receipt, invoice processing, and payment.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP, specifically the Purchase to Pay (P2P) module, and experience in SAP configuration and testing.
- Knowledge and Experience requirements are more advantageous than Qualifications with this role.
- CIPS membership and studying towards MCIPS is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Purchase to Pay Administrator or in a similar procurement or accounts payable role, with exposure to SAP implementation or management.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Problem-solving mindset with a focus on process improvement and efficiency.
- Familiarity with procurement technology, best practices and tools.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving industry and business environment.
- Project management experience.
Why you’ll make a great member of the team:
- Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and/or dynamic environments.
- Good attitude to problem solving.
- Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects, and as directed by the CPO/Procurement Director – Strategy and Operations.
- Action and goal-oriented team player with a high degree of self-management.
- Proactive, hardworking, and ambitious approach.
- Good communicator and can make yourself understood at any level of the business.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Positive mindset, with a strong interest in developing and maintaining appropriate relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to drive change processes and effectively embed into business ways of working.
Why you’ll want to work for us:
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow, a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
- Be you – We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
- Be responsible – Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
- Be recognized – Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension, and other local benefits.
- Be inspired – Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes or supporting our solar honey project.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the role.
How to Apply:
If you are results-driven and passionate about renewable energy and sustainability, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.