Development Manager Portugal
24 days ago
Job Title Development Manager – Portugal
About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalise on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do (the role)
To date we have developed over 3.8GW of projects globally and are focused on significantly growing our pipeline which currently stands at 16GW across Europe, Asia, The Americas and Australasia with an ambition to develop 25GW of Solar PV by 2025.
Our track-record in the solar industry is based on our experience in delivering numerous award-winning projects that are recognized as pioneering, innovative and the best-in-class. This position will play a huge part in this ambition, generating opportunities and managing the development / permitting of Large-Scale Solar projects in Portugal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage early-stage and mid-stage project development throughout the permitting process, interacting with relevant authorities and working in close cooperation with the internal legal, technical, grid and planning teams where necessary.
- Manage effectively project development budget and delivery program.
- Manage commercial negotiations with landowners for greenfield projects development.
- Coordinate and oversee the legal, technical and tax due diligence of projects, liaising with external consultants.
- Accountable for reporting about the progression of greenfield and co-development pipeline.
- Understand company strategy and develop business accordingly.
- To work with the Development team and other departments to improve efficiency.
Who we’re looking for
- Knowledge of the renewable sector and experience in developing Solar projects in Portugal is required.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Portuguese is mandatory.
- Experience of minimum 2 years and a maximum of 5 years in a similar role, in Portugal, is essential.
- Experience in developing hydrogen and/or hybrid projects is considered an advantage.
- Capacity for running financial models to understand project returns is desirable.
- Proven track record of:
- Developing and managing projects, deadlines and task-related resources.
- Adapting to new challenges and learning swiftly.
- Completing tasks on schedule with excellent quality.
- Communication skills.
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: hands-on mentality and ‘getting things done’ attitude
- A proactive individual who is result driven
- Strong attention to detail and able to problem solve and work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow – a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension, and other local benefits.
Join an agile, international team working across 15 countries to power the future and positively impact people, communities, ecosystems and biodiversity across the world.
Our core values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low-carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.