Denver, CO, United States
30+ days ago
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do
The Project Engineer shall be a critical role with the successful execution of projects, both PV and storage-integrated for the U.S business. Contributing to and supporting all areas of Lightsource BP’s Technical Team, focusing on projects in early development and pre-construction phases and including ad hoc support to projects in construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing and managing technical requirements in contractual documents for Engineering, Project Management and Construction (EPC) engagements
- Support the Construction team in EPC selection including contract negotiation
- Assist the Project Management in the construction of a project in a timely manner by providing necessary engineering support
- Complete design and submittal reviews and approvals as necessary for projects in development and construction
- Manage Owner’s Engineering as assigned as necessary for Construction team support
- Conduct site visits as necessary to support Construction team progress and milestone verification with lending parties and 3rd party independent engineers
- Support the engagement of Independent Engineering firms selected for 3rd party financing of projects for execution
- Provide technical diligence support for Project Finance
- Support the business with critical lessons learned to ensure project budgets and expected returns are aligned with current market expectations
- Develop task management tools to prioritize incoming technical requests from internal teams and provide regular deliverable updates
- Represent your specialty area at relevant development meetings and delivery meetings as required by Lightsource bp
- Represent your specialty during relevant third-party stakeholder meetings and events as required
- Codes and Regulations knowledge for solar project construction
- Engineering experience in utility scale PV plants.
- Project Financing Structures and Diligence Requirements
- Knowledge of Industry main stakeholders (TAs, investors, EPCs, Third Parties lab…)
- Knowledge of current PV technology on the market and trends of major components and supporting balance of systems
- Ability to identify key information in project site technical documents
- Knowledge in EPC cost estimation based on design methodology
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally Electrical Engineering, from an accredited university required. Other relevant qualifications and supporting experience will be considered
- CAD software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, among others) experience required
- Advanced knowledge of simulation software including PVsyst, PVsol, StorageVAT, among others
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% to visit project sites and attend other key meetings as necessary
- Experienced in a similar role with a minimum of 2-3 years
- Extensive experience with PV utility-scale design for construction, including high voltage substations and energy storage components
- Experience with civil design requirements for the development of PV utility-scale projects, including access, site drainage and other hydrology
- Extensive experience in developing energy resource assessments and identifying key areas of improvement and optimization
- Experience in solar PV utility-scale construction, including project management support and technical document reviews
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Ability to work independently and engage additional resources as necessary
- Ability to task manage and prioritize work based on required deliverables and due dates
- Ability to organize workload and priorities to maximum effect for both yourself and the wider team
- Self-starter able to work under limited direction / supervision
- Flexible approach in a fast-paced business which is constantly changing, and to keep a clear head under pressure
- Keen problem solver who can focus on appropriate detail when solving problems and propose effective solutions
- Set high standards of performance for yourself
- Ability to pick up systems and processes quickly
- Previous demonstrable experience where excellent attention to detail is critically important
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
Be youWe pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.