10 days ago
Job Title Project Developer – Greece
Department Greece - Business Development
About Lightsource bp
Lightsource bp (LSbp) is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do (the role)
Lightsource bp is set increase its pipeline in Greece over the next years, with an initial target of 1GW of constructed assets. The Business Development team, currently consisting of two employees, is looking for an experienced Business Developer who will be able to take initiatives and drive the company towards its goal. You will lead on all business development aspects, from origination to internal approvals and reporting, follow on after acquisition, stakeholder engagement and internal alignment.
Lightsource bp is seeking a Junior Business Development Manager to help increase its pipeline in Greece over the next few years, with an initial target of constructing 1GW of assets. As a member of the Business Development team, you will have the opportunity to take on responsibilities and drive the company towards its goal. You will be responsible for supporting all business development aspects, including origination, internal approvals, and reporting, follow-up after acquisition and internal alignment. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to gain experience in the renewables industry and contribute to the growth of Lightsource bp's business in Greece. Training and support will be provided to help you develop and progress in your career.
Role and Responsibilities
- Following the development of existing Lightsource BP pipeline in Greece with frequent internal reporting
- Assisting in managing third-party developers and ensuring the collaboration follows the terms of the Share Purchase and Co-Development Agreements
- Providing input on potential risks and problems that may arise, together with proposing solutions suitable to the Greek market
- Assisting in developing strong external relationships with key stakeholders throughout the market (developers, financial advisors, project funders, etc.)
- Assisting in managing an auction process from identification and internal approvals to successful participation and then execution
- Assisting in managing and running financial models to assess the returns of multiple projects
- Assisting in the review and input into the following contracts: Co-development Agreements, Land related Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, Engineering-Procurement-Construction contracts, Share Purchase Agreements, Asset Purchase Agreements, Investment Agreements
- Assisting in coordinating all necessary processes to take projects to financial close
- Reporting concisely and clearly to the Business Development Team in Greece
- Frequent travel to project sites may be required
Who we’re looking for
- General understanding of the renewables industry, power markets and development
- Basic knowledge of the development process in Greece, especially for utility scale Solar PV.
- Basic understanding of general transaction management (managing internal resource/consultants/stakeholders, adhering to transaction timeline)
- Basic understanding of project finance, capital structuring, financial modelling and financial indicators
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role with exposure to the infrastructure funds/PE, renewable energy or utilities sector
- A desire to gain experience in project development, transaction management, and working in multi-cultural/multi-discipline environments
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Willingness to learn and work with compex financial models
- Ability to convey complex concepts/opportunities to others in an effective manner clear communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts
- Proficiency in MS Office skills and in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to develop negotiation skills in various cultural environments and with various stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills
- Last but not least a hands on/proactive approach to business – Lightsource BP is proud of its culture and fit plays a very important role
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sciences or engineering
- A master’s degree in finance or engineering (with financial experience) is preferred
- Fluent in Greek/English. Additional spoken languages a plus.
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits alongside flexible working conditions.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our net-zero by 2025 campaign.