Brazil Catholic Outreach Coordinator (Remote)
Laudato Si' Movement
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
30+ days ago
About the position
We’re looking for someone who can help move the needle on climate in Brazil.
In the final quarter of 2022, Oscar-winning production company Off the Fence and Laudato Si’ Movement will release The Letter, a feature-length documentary made in collaboration with the Vatican. The film explores Pope Francis’ transformative message on our common home. Featuring frontline champions from around the world and Pope Francis himself, the film will be a beautifully moving exploration of the power of community and love to overcome the challenges we face.
The film will be distributed via a global streaming service and shown in thousands of Catholic communities around the world. An audience in the tens of millions is expected.
The film is the centerpiece of an impact campaign. By sharing key messages from the film, the campaign will help new audiences join the movement to protect the climate and nature, overcome perceived divides, and help support policies that protect creation and all who share it.
The Brazilian Catholic Outreach Coordinator plays a key role in this work. The Brazilian Catholic Outreach Coordinator will work alongside an incredible team and partners to make sure that the potential of the film is fully realized at a crucial moment in Brazilian history.
We hope that person is you!
The work of the Brazilian Catholic Outreach Coordinator will center on the following:
- Delivering strategy
- Understand and act on the Brazilian national strategy
- Encouraging communities to hold screenings
- Working with partners and existing members and through outreach to new members, secure 400-500 screenings of the film in Catholic parishes, schools, universities, religious communities, healthcare centers, etc.
- Encourage communities to register their screenings on a website.
- Follow up with communities to answer questions, resolve challenges, and ensure that screenings are held
- Encouraging communities to take action for the long term
- Hold trainings and provide information to ensure that communities engage in advocacy actions to promote policies that care for creation and the common good.
- Direct communities towards the programs of Laudato Si’ Movement and its partners that will serve their long-term needs
- Collaborate productively, positively, and creatively with a wide variety of external partners, ensuring that everyone’s needs are met
- Work alongside Laudato Si’ Movement staff internationally to flag opportunities and challenges
- Monitoring progress and adapting
- Proactively suggest ways to adapt and solve problems in order to meet targets
- Collect information within an evaluation framework as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have all of these qualities:
- at least two years’ experience in community organizing, with a proven track record of driving action at scale
- working at a regional or national scale within the Catholic Church in Brazil
- a history of successfully collaborating with a wide variety of partners
- a history of resolving thorny challenges creatively, independently, and quickly
Our ideal candidate will also have experience in at least one of these areas:
- scaling up a big engagement program very quickly, using a combination of digital tools and 1:1 organizing to reach a wide audience
- working remotely and at a distance from the communities being engaged
This is a 12-month position, with some limited potential for extension based on funding and need. This is a fully remote position with flexible schedule.
Laudato Si’ Movement is a faith-based organization. Being Catholic is not at all a requirement to work here, but regular shared spiritual practices are part of our team culture.
Some meetings will take place in English, so the ability to speak and understand basic English is required.
Applications are ideally received by* 5 September*, with a target starting date of 20 September.
If you feel called to lead a massive new wave of action within Brazil, building on the transformative message of Pope Francis, please apply today! We would love to get to know you better.
Job Type: Contract