Advocacy Communications Manager (Remote)
Laudato Si' Movement
29 days ago
About Laudato Si' Movement (LSM)
Laudato Si Movement serves the Catholic family worldwide to turn Pope Francis’ Laudato Si’ encyclical letter into action for climate and ecological justice. Laudato Si Movement’s grassroots movement-building efforts draw on the combined gifts of nearly 800 member organizations and thousands of grassroots volunteers to help bring the Laudato Si message to life. We enjoy a collaborative working environment where everyone is committed to tackling the climate crisis and environmental injustices and preserving our common home with courage and love. As Pope Francis said in Laudato Si’, we believe that “truly, much can be done!”
About this position
The Advocacy Communication Manager will support and design communication strategies for the Laudato Sí Movement Advocacy campaigns. You will have the opportunity to have fun while working with the most significant Catholic movement that gathered a million signatures for 1.5 degrees at the Paris COP and mobilized over 400 organizations to commit to fighting the twin crisis of biodiversity collapse and climate crisis. The Advocacy Communications Manager will report to the Advocacy Director in close collaboration with the Communication Director.
- Draft and implement engagement strategies for advocacy team projects and campaigns.
- Schedule, write and pitch communication materials (press releases, blogs, op-eds, articles, and others) for advocacy campaigns.
- Create and coordinate the delivery of visual materials for advocacy campaigns according to an agreed strategy/plan.
- Produce, monitor, and report advocacy campaign media hits with high-profile media outlets.
- Network and collaborate with regional Laudato Sí Movement communication specialists in delivering campaign messages in relevant regions.
- Collect and amplify regional advocacy stories.
- Develop and deliver communication training materials and sessions, when appropriate to OKRs and Advocacy strategy.
- Make inputs from a communications perspective in critical campaign events.
- Other communication/advocacy needs as needed for ongoing projects.
Skills and Characteristics
- Endorses and embodies Laudato Si' values and the Laudato Si’ paradigm in behavior and words; comfortable supporting and working in a faith-based environment.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant communications experience working in high-profile campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; the English language is required.
- Ability to manage communications around critical global and regional events.
- Connection and experience with working with high profile media houses will be an asset.
- Experience in social media campaign strategy development.
- Remote work experience.
- Excellent coordination skills between teams.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Type: Full-time position
Start Date: As soon as possible
To apply visit this webpage: https://bit.ly/AdvocacyCommsManager_LSM
Then, send your CV and a cover letter (in English) explaining in nearly 400 words why you are interested in this position.
Application Deadline: Rolling until filled.
Job Type: Full-time