Web Developer Special Projects (Remote)
Laudato Si' Movement
Mexico City, Mexico
Laudato Si’ Movement (LSM) is an international network of 900 Catholic organizations and thousands of grassroots leaders, all working together to care for our common home and advance climate and ecological justice. We strive to be led by the Holy Spirit, and we find joy and support in our faith and in each other. We act at the forefront of faith-based efforts to protect the environment, and our work is very fast-paced, with multiple projects and priorities managed daily. We enjoy a collaborative working environment in which everyone is committed to tackling the planetary crisis with courage and love. We believe as Pope Francis said in Laudato Si’, that “truly, much can be done!”
About the position
LSM’s Special Projects team is responsible for compelling global initiatives that unite the Church around shared values. As a web developer for the team, you will design and implement modifications to a website used by thousands around the world, from creating a better user experience to making sure that the relationship between WordPress and SalesForce is working correctly.
You will be an essential part of a small team that is making a big difference for our common home. We’re looking for someone who is both collegial and able to work independently, someone who is both willing to learn and deeply experienced. We hope that person is you!
- Managing ongoing updates ranging from publishing blog posts and updating text to changing layouts and functions) and leading a possible redesign of a website that includes user accounts and is available in 9 languages.
- Creating clean, compelling design.
- Integrating WordPress with SalesForce, Survey Vista, GetResponse, and other platforms as needed.
- Exploring Exploring and developing additional tools such as Google Analytics, maps, live data dashboards, social media plug-ins, etc. as needed, often within very constrained budgets for paid tools.
- Ensuring flawless security for a high-profile project.
- Reviewing analysis data and making suggestions for successful UX.
- Following established procedures to ensure work is done in a complex environment and suggesting updates where needed.
- Ensuring that all tasks are accurately completed according to directions given in each design and development task.
- Ensuring that all web pages and websites conform to brand standards.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
The ideal candidate will meet all the following criteria:
- 3-5 years of experience integrating WordPress and SalesForce.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
The ideal candidate will meet three of the following criteria:
- Experience working well as part of a team as well as independently in a remote environment.
- Experience working and creating Google Analytics dashboards.
- Awareness of ecological issues.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Languages: professional (B2 level) knowledge of English, which is used as a working language of the team; other languages like Spanish, Italian, French, or Portuguese are a plus.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Location: Flexible, with preferences for Mexico, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Panama
Work environment: This position will work remotely
To apply: Please, send send your CV including a portfolio of past projects and a cover letter (in English) explaining why you are interested in this position.
Application Deadline: Running until hired
Job Type: Full-time