Assistant Manager for Iberoamerica (Remote)
Laudato Si' Movement
Mexico City, Mexico
29 days ago
Laudato Si’ Movement (LSM) is an international network of Catholic people and 900 member organizations, all working together to develop solutions to the environmental crisis. We are led by the Holy Spirit, and we find joy and support in our faith and in each other. We act at the forefront of faith-based efforts to protect the environment, and our work is very fast-paced, with multiple projects and priorities managed daily. We enjoy a collaborative working environment in which everyone is committed to tackling the climate crisis with courage and love. We believe as Pope Francis said in Laudato Si’, that “truly, much can be done!”
About the position:
The Assistant Manager for Iberoamerica assists in the development of the Laudato Si' Movement in Ibero-America with a particular focus on Spain and Portugal. This person will support the campaign strategies for LSM, particularly the work with Spanish Speaking Organizations in Europe and America will manage the campaigns in Spain and he will be the point of reference for work in Portugal. This staff member will assist in building LSMs presence and activate the Catholic community to work for climate justice. This person will support the management of the Spanish-speaking staff and report to the Senior Manager for Iberoamerica and will liaise with other programmatic teams as needed, particularly with the European team.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop relationships with Spanish-speaking organizations as defined by the Senior Manager.
- Develop and implement a strategy to engage the Catholic community in Portugal in coordination with Latin America and Spain.
- Represent LSM in public venues in Portugal and in other countries as defined by the Senior Manager.
- Conduct one-to-one outreach and provide support to key catholic Spanish-speaking organizations.
Strategic thinking and planning
- Support the implementation of a plan for the region.
- Support the staff management of the organizing team in Latin America in a strategic way to achieve the regional goals aligned to the global ones.
- Support the Senior Manager in the regional implementation of global programs.
- Support the development of leadership structures within Latin America and Portugal and in coordination with Spain such as Circles, Chapters, and Animators.
- Understand LSM history, campaigns, and theory of change, and keep current with basic climate science, Church context, and environmental issues and news in Iberoamerica
- Contribute work towards LSM’s overall mission
At least 3 years of organizing experience in faith-based, especially Catholic institutions
Preferred familiarity working with Catholic institutions and Church structures.
Familiarity with ecological issues at both the level of impact and the level of policy.
Excellent writing and verbal skills in Spanish and English proficiency
Be comfortable working in a prayerful faith-based environment.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Endorses and embodies https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LjxBJhp0pyUn3qSpQTs8YTbFzasmMHEw/view?usp=sharing and the Laudato Si’ paradigm in behavior and words; comfortable supporting and working in a faith-based environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a remote team across multiple time zones
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, and Google Apps Suite with the ability to learn new applications
- Strategic and Innovative: Is a creative and strategic thinker, naturally ambitious, who exercises courage, imagination, and confidence to think outside of the box and push boundaries. Integrates learning and ongoing innovations in his/her area to improve impact and reach.
- Productive: A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment and to produce high-quality documents and materials with strong attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving: Identifies challenges, effectively structures a problem-solving approach, analyzes data to produce insights, and generates wise, actionable recommendations.
- Leads oneself: Shows considerable self-awareness and is inherently curious about how he/she adds value to the organization. Fosters a growth mindset that is open to change.
- Compelling and authoritative: Is inspiring, articulate, and persuasive, to compellingly present complex ideas to Catholic individuals and institutions and a wider audience, both as a public speaker and writer. A highly skilled relationship builder.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church structure: An understanding of the Catholic Church structure around the globe, and existing contacts with different Catholic institutions and individuals (preferred).
- Culturally sensitive: Is aware of different cultural practices and can sensitively and authentically engage in a wide variety of relationships. Able to work seamlessly across borders and time zones.
Languages: Spanish and English.
Location: Latin America
Type: Full-time position
Work environment: Remote work from home. This is envisaged as a full-time role. However, LSM is open to discussing flexible working options to take individual circumstances into account where needed.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary consummate with experience
- Flexible working including home-based
- Generous holiday entitlement with additional holidays around Easter and Christmas
Job Type: Contract