Finance Coordinator (Remote)
Laudato Si' Movement
11 days ago
About Laudato Si’ Movement
Laudato Si’ Movement serves the Catholic family worldwide to turn Pope Francis’ Laudato Si’ encyclical letter into action for climate and ecological justice. Laudato Si’ Movement’s grassroots movement-building efforts draw on the combined gifts of nearly 800 member organizations and thousands of grassroots volunteers to help bring the Laudato Si’ message to life.
About the position
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Finance and Operations and the Operations team, the Finance Coordinator supports the functions of the Finance department including; Accounts payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting, and Contract Maintenance.
The organization spans over 14 countries Globally with over 60 staff. This position is critical to the day-to-day functioning of the organization.
Areas of responsibility:
- Review vendor invoices and employee expense reports prior to payment
- Process payments to vendors with LSM systems
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and reviews monthly journal entries
- Administer payroll in compliance with government regulations and policies
- Assist with annual audit
- Work with team leaders and finance staff to ensure proper allocations and adherence to restricted budgets.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations with annual budgeting
- Collaborate with teammates to establish equitable compensation bands
- Conduct a monthly audit of regional entities and their financials
- Update Accounting Policies and Procedures in collaboration with the Operations team
Grants and Contracts
- Create and maintain employee contracts and all related addendums
- Review grant contracts and assist with deliverables maintenance
- Prepare grant financial reports
- Maintain all vendor contracts
- Support the creation and maintenance of global entities
- Based on the gifts of the candidate who is hired, there may be some additional flexibility in the responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrate at least 3 years of experience in accounting and contracts management in non-profit organizations.
- Familiarity with accounting systems particularly Quickbooks and Certify
- Familiarity with complex jurisdictional tax and compliance issues and ability to adapt to new jurisdictions as we are a global organization.
- Experience with grants and grant reporting
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English.
- Comfortable working in a prayerful faith-based environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Leads by example: Endorses and embodies LSM values and the Laudato Si’ paradigm in behavior and words. Is grounded in faith and committed to spiritual transformation.
- Productive: A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment and to produce high-quality documents and materials with strong attention to detail.
- Project management: Is able to structure and lead complex projects and ensure that a quality end product is delivered on or ahead of schedule. Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps Suite, the basics of digital organizing, and able to learn new applications and programs quickly.
- Effective problem solving: Identifies challenges effectively structures a problem-solving approach, analyzes data to produce insights, and generates wise, actionable recommendations.
- Leads oneself: Shows considerable self-awareness and is inherently curious about how he/she adds value to the organization. Fosters a growth mindset that is open to change.
- Culturally sensitive: Is aware of different cultural practices and can sensitively and authentically engage in a wide variety of relationships. Able to work seamlessly across borders and time zones.
Languages: English, and preferably fluent in Spanish
Location: Open to candidates worldwide, preference for candidates in the US or Italy.
Type: Full-time position
Work environment: Work from your home office. This is envisaged as a full-time role. However, we are open to discussing flexible working options to take individual circumstances into account where needed.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible working including home-based
- Generous holiday entitlement with additional holidays around Easter and Christmas
To apply please visit: https://bit.ly/LSM_FinanceCoordinator
Then, click the "Apply Now" button above and submit the following materials:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter (near 400 words) explaining why you are interested in this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: 10/07/2022