The ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports the effective design and implementation of policies to address the impacts of the global transportation sector on climate change and public health. Our organization achieves this by providing high-quality and timely data-driven research to public officials at all levels of government - city, state, national, regional, and international - as well as to civil society and the media. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our growing team of talented researchers with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, CA, Berlin, Germany, Beijing, China, New Delhi India, and São Paulo, Brazil.
This announcement is for a Communications Associate who will support our work on the transition of the transport sector towards zero-emission technologies in Europe. You will support the development and implementation of the communications strategy and outreach activities such as media engagement, webinars, social media campaigns, and newsletters. You will work closely with project managers and research staff.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in a relevant discipline and either background or demonstrated interest in communications, journalism, or public relations. Knowledge or interest in public policy making, climate policy, or transportation policy; and demonstrate an interest in solving our most pressing global health and environmental challenges. This is a full-time (or part-time) position, preferably based in Berlin, but open to other locations in Germany. The Communications Associate is part of ICCT’s Communications Team.
- Support the development and implementation of the communications strategy for the transition of the transport sector towards zero-emission technologies in Europe
- Assist in media engagement activities, including producing press releases, statements, and other promotional materials to effectively communicate ICCT's work
- Contribute to strategic communications planning for Germany and Europe-focused projects and programs
- Plan and execute webinars to engage European audiences and disseminate information about ICCT's programs and projects
- Draft social media copy, coordinate the creation of visuals, monitor social media conversations, and develop social media strategies for ICCT's office in Europe, in collaboration with the global communications team
- Support the tracking and analysis of outreach metrics from various communication channels, such as website traffic, social media engagement, email campaign performance, and media coverage
- Native-level proficiency in German or equivalent language skills
- Superior writing skills and the ability to produce strong working drafts of engagement materials (e.g., press releases, statements, social media content, etc.) in German and English
- 1-4 years of work experience or demonstrated interest in the communications or marketing fields (or related fields)
- Ability to understand and synthesize technical information and translate it for multiple audiences differentiated across platforms
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with researchers, editors, and other staff, along with external stakeholders (including reporters and other non-profit entities)
- Ability to collaborate with teams, present creative concepts, and incorporate feedback
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines by prioritizing work
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Internet savvy, including digital and social media, online survey tools, etc., and a propensity to learn new ones
- Demonstrated interest in clean transportation, climate change, or public policy
This is a full-time (or part-time) position, preferably based in Berlin, but open to other locations in Germany, and has a salary of €63,945. We offer an initial 2-year contract, with the possibility of extension depending on organizational resources and performance. We offer an excellent benefits package including hybrid/remote work flexibilities, transportation subsidies, professional development opportunities, and other benefits.
Please submit a resume, a cover letter, two relevant writing samples, and contact information for three professional references. Please state your ideal start date. Please also refrain from submitting a photograph. The deadline to submit applications is by February 15, 2024. After that, applications will be viewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.