The ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports the effective design and implementation of policies to address the impacts of the global transportation sector on climate change and public health. Our organization achieves this by providing high-quality and timely data-driven research to public officials at all levels of government - city, state, national, regional, and international - as well as to civil society and the media. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our growing team of talented researchers with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, CA, Berlin, Germany, Beijing, China, New Delhi India, and São Paulo, Brazil. For more information about ICCT, you can visit our China Website https://www.theicct.org.cn/
ICCT is looking for a highly dedicated and motivated Communication Associate to join the organization’s China communication team. You will contribute to ICCT’s outreach work for China programs and support capacity building among our strategic partners. This position will be based in the Beijing office and report to the China Communications and Public Relations Manager.
- Participate in the design and development of the Chinese website of ICCT and be responsible for the daily updating and maintenance of the website.
- Organize online and offline meetings and activities, including but not limited to webinars, news briefings, and trainings.
- Plan and design Chinese outreach products, including but not limited to promotional material, infographics, posters, newsletters, PowerPoints, etc.
- Plan, shoot, edit, and publish videos for meetings and events; liaise with the video outsourcing team.
- Manage ICCT’s WeChat official account and evaluate its communications performance.
- Work closely with the headquarters to ensure ICCT’s brand consistency.
- Communicate with the central communications team regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, communications, journalism, public relations, design, or relevant majors.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in graphic design, video editing, website operations, or event planning is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral skills in Chinese and English, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent graphic design skills; knowledge of graphic design software such as PS, Premiere, AI (Artificial Intelligence), and InDesign.
- Ability to shoot and edit videos; knowledge of Finalcut, PR, and other video production software.
- Experience in WeChat public account operations
This full-time position will be based in ICCT's Beijing office with a salary of ¥216,000. We offer an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, paid vacation, hybrid/remote flexibilities, transportation subsidies, and other benefits.
Please submit a bilingual CV, cover letter, one Chinese writing sample, one English writing sample, and a portfolio of representative work that showcases your abilities. This collection is not limited to WeChat article compositions, design work, video editing clips, event planning, etc. Applications without supplemental materials will receive less consideration.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.