The ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports the effective design and implementation of policies to address the impacts of the global transportation sector on climate change and public health. Our organization achieves this by providing high quality and timely data-driven research to public officials at all levels of government - city, state, national, regional and international - as well as to civil society and the media. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our growing team of talented researchers with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, CA, Berlin, Germany, Beijing, China, New Delhi, India, and São Paulo, Brazil.
The ICCT seeks a highly motivated and committed person to join us as a full-time Associate Researcher in the Aviation Program. This position will support research to identify, refine, and promote policies to reduce the environmental impacts of commercial aviation. Initial projects will focus on analyses of zero-emission airport development.
- Model greenhouse gas, air pollution, and noise emissions from aircraft and airports, in China and globally.
- Analyze policy options to reduce aviation emissions in China, including airport environmental standards, a net-zero decarbonization roadmap, and aviation carbon pricing.
- Author or co-author ICCT publications and internal memos.
- Synthesize technical information into policy-relevant documents and presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences, with a focus on China and the Pacific Rim region.
- Engage with external stakeholders including government officials, NGOs, academics, and other industries to build trust and partnership
- A Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in engineering, transportation, environment, or a related field.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and research skills combined with strategic problem-solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills are required.
- Significant modeling experience (e.g. fuel consumption, emissions, noise, air quality, etc.) along with the ability to manage and analyze large datasets, especially in Python or R.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese,
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of aviation transportation systems and policies is preferred.
- Experience working with policymakers, NGOs, industries, and other stakeholders is a plus.
This is a full-time position and will be based in ICCT's Beijing office with a salary of ¥282,083. We offer an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, paid vacation, hybrid/remote flexibilities, transportation subsidies, and other benefits.
Please submit a resume, a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and experiences, and two writing samples of technical reports or memos. Preference will be given to candidates who submit a complete application and who directly address the position being offered.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.