30+ days ago
We are recruiting for an experienced energy modeller to join our consultancy team in Atlanta, responsible for modelling complex HVAC projects. You will build detailed HVAC systems models, run simulations of building and mechanical system design alternatives, and advise clients on the results of those simulations. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging, high-profile projects, and will be given the encouragement and support to challenge yourself and develop your career, as part of a unique team of building simulation consultants.
This opportunity will be temporarily home-based due to COVID-19, then subsequently working from our Atlanta office with hybrid and flexible options available. However, we will consider remote working from other locations for the right candidate.
We are looking for experienced building engineering and energy modelling professionals who are keen to develop their careers with a company that is at the forefront of building simulation technology.
Skills and qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Building Science, or Building Physics
- Knowledge of HVAC systems is essential. Relatively advanced knowledge of systems, controls, and/or modelling of systems is highly desirable
- Experience in using building simulation software (e.g., IESVE, eQuest, Energy Plus, Trane Trace, Carrier Hap, EnergyPro) and/or other related tools (e.g., loads analysis, daylight modelling, solar modelling, HVAC design tools, etc.) is required)
- Experience with the IES Virtual Environment software will be a distinct advantage, but not necessarily required for the right candidate as training will be provided
- Experience in project/building design and delivery, including knowledge of various design and construction documents’ purposes and sequencing
- Understanding of ASHRAE 90.1- particularly the Appendix G Performance Rating Method- and the LEED Green Building Rating Systems are highly desirable
- Clear and confident communication skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach
We offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment with unparalleled opportunities to build and progress a career in building simulation.
We will reward you with a competitive salary; 25 days’ vacation plus public holidays; great health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k matching plan. Happy to talk flexible working!
To apply for the role please send a cover letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
At IES we have been working in Climate Tech for the last 27 years and we consider the fight against Climate Change a moral imperative that drives all our decisions. We value People, Purpose and Innovation. We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the Climate Tech sector. Our Virtual Environment (VE) software is already the only tool that allows designers and engineers to simulate the full performance of a buildings. We are now expanding our portfolio with new solutions to tackle the built environment at any scale.
IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant skills and experience.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed and an up to date CV to:
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.