Software Developer in Test
Glasgow, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
This role will be temporarily homebased due to COVID-19, then subsequently working from our Glasgow.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our development team in our Glasgow HQ. You will work with the latest technologies, learn something new every day and use your initiative.
As a Software Developer in Test at IES, this is what you will do:
- Develop automated tests for our growing cloud offering of smart building analytics, advanced physical simulation and visual analyses engines.
- UI tests are automated using Selenium (C#) testing and API testing uses Python.
- Enhance product quality, tracking bugs and clarifying issues
- Become an expert user of the tools and provide input to the product documentation.
- Script ad-hoc tasks to support IES consultancy and research.
- Contribute to continuous integration of the product.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in computing, physics or a related scientific degree
- Experience of developing software in C#, Python or other 3GL
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work as part of a development team, with multiple goals and deadlines
- Knowledge of at least two unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of automated UI testing
- Experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of software test in a commercial environment.
- Experience of creating Selenium UI tests in C#
- Experience of jQuery, bootstrap, d3.
- Experience of source code control systems
In return we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; private health care; a contributory pension scheme; life insurance, retail discounts, enhanced family leave and flexible working.
Happy to talk flexible working!
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up to date CV to email@example.com.
At IES, we offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the green-building sector and our Virtual Environment (VE) software is the only tool that allows the design team to simulate the full performance of a building model.
Our world-leading 3D performance analysis software is used by our clients to design high-quality and innovative buildings across the globe, while minimising the impact on the environment. IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed and an up to date CV to:
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.