Frontend Web Developer
Glasgow, United Kingdom
7 days ago
Frontend Web Developer
Reference number: 2118
We are currently looking for a UI Developer to join our software development team based in our Glasgow HQ. The key responsibilities in this position include the following:
- Contribute to the React rewrite and continued development of the front-end of our cloud timeseries data store and other cloud products
- Enhance product quality with automated testing, tracking bugs and clarifying issues
- Become an expert user of the tools and provide input to the product documentation
- Contribute to code reuse and cross-team collaboration
We are looking for an experienced UI developer to join our expanding software development team. Skills include the following:
- Ability to write solid, semantic HTML and have experience writing SASS
- Understanding of basic UX/UI design principles
- Ability to develop websites that meet AAA accessibility guidelines.
- Previous experience taking Photoshop/Sketch designs and bringing them to life in code
- Able to work as part of a development team, with multiple goals and deadlines
- Experience with ASP.NET backend a bonus
- Knowledge of version control tools, preferably Perforce
- Experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
In return we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; private health care; a contributory pension scheme; life insurance, retail discounts, enhanced maternity and paternity, flexible start times and hybrid working options.
Happy to talk flexible working!
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up to date CV/resume to email@example.com Please ensure you include the job title and reference number in your application.
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacnacy early should sufficient applications be received.
At IES we have been working in Climate Tech for the last 27 years and we consider the fight against Climate Change a moral imperative that drives all our decisions. We value People, Purpose and Innovation. We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the Climate Tech sector. Our Virtual Environment (VE) software is already the only tool that allows designers and engineers to simulate the full performance of a buildings. We are now expanding our portfolio with new solutions to tackle the built environment at any scale.
IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant skills and experience.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.
How to apply
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed and an up to date CV to:
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.