Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Greenpeace USA is hiring a Web Producer to join our fast-paced, innovative, and dynamic online team and lead web projects within our priority campaigns that will deepen the engagement of our donors, activists, and members in more meaningful ways.
Greenpeace takes on some of the world's biggest corporations and polluters to stand up for a green future. And we win: just last year, we and our allies stopped Shell from drilling in the Arctic. Business Insider called our campaigning strategy "devastatingly effective." As the Web Producer, you would be on the frontlines of this strategy, making digital magic happen.
We're looking for a strong website manager who will ensure a great user experience starting with a functional and attractive digital environment. The Web Producer will also be responsible for building and implementing innovative new tools to better engage our supporters.
The Web Producer is an exempt, full time, benefits eligible position and will report to the Digital Director who is based in Oakland, CA. This position can be located anywhere where Greenpeace is authorized to work in.
The Web Producer will:
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Research and implement WP plugins and modules that will improve website structure and usability
- Assist in the development of website redesign plans
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Train staff on website capabilities and usage
- Run consistent site testing and report results out to the online team and other staff as appropriate
- Data reporting from Google Analytics
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Work collaboratively with the visuals team, online team, and vendors on website and online collateral design
- Lead innovative projects that better engage supporters online
- Represent Greenpeace USA's website development work both internally and externally, and with global Greenpeace projects / groups when appropriate
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- At least 3 years experience in front end development or web management with some coding responsibilities
- A strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress, as well as software programs like the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Strong understanding of user-focused design principles
- An understanding of the entire web development process in a collaborative environment, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge
- Knowledge of CRMs and data management
- Proficiency with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. And testing tools such as Optimizely, Google Optimize, and Crazy Egg
Additional requirements include, but aren't limited to:
- Comfort with and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced campaigning environment, including juggling multiple priorities and with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Time management and organizational skills, including experience with project administration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to people-powered campaigning/organizing
- Strong commitment to the organization's emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work
If you want to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
- As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pretax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 6% 401K matching. New staff members receive 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days, 2 personal days in their first year. Additionally we are closed Christmas Eve through New Year's Day.
After 1 year of service staff members receive 20 weeks of fully paid parental leave and after five years, staff are eligible for a 12 week paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts in the $70k range and is commensurate with experience.