Social Media Engagement Manager
Washington, DC, United States
5 days ago
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For over fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster looms large. As an independent organization, Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities. Greenpeace is headquartered in the Netherlands, with offices all around the world in over fifty countries.
Greenpeace USA is hiring a Social Media Engagement Manager, with a proven track record of managing creative engagement to grow social media audiences, to join our Communications Department. This is a results-oriented position reporting to the Content Director, and is focused in developing our social content strategy - listening, reporting, managing creative projects and our social media calendar, and will manage/assist teammates to maintain healthy online across all of Greenpeace USA's social media channels. The Social Media Engagement Manager will be at the forefront of our online engagement strategy, using social media platforms and creative content to reach and mobilize our supporters to take action, and will combine data-driven thinking and a sharp eye for content and community impulse to manage creative projects, track trends and conversations, react to seize opportunities, and grow engaged audiences with our social media channels.
The Social Media Engagement Manager role is an exempt, full-time role, benefits-eligible position, based in any authorized Greenpeace state: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, TX, VA, WA, and will report to the Content Director.
Do you have a proven track record managing creative engagement to grow social media audiences? Are you ready to lead social media strategy and content creation for one of the world's leading climate activist organizations? Then this job is for you.
The Social Media Engagement Manager will:
- Own a data-driven social media content strategy to increase our organization's reach and regular engagement with our followers. This includes regular testing, reporting, and iteration for constant improvement.
- Pilot Greenpeace USA's social listening strategy with tools like Talkwalker and Emplifi to improve our audience insights and learnings.
- Bottom line the social media calendar and coordination for a large team of digital content producers.
- Project manage the creation, implementation, and promotion of priority creative strategies and content packages.
- Supervise social media content producers and/or community managers.
- Own and optimize the access across teams and use of our social media marketing and insights technology stack.
- Manage vendor relationships with toolset providers and creative consultants.
- Support the design and creation of engaging content for Greenpeace's social media channels and website as needed, with a particular eye to responding to the news cycle.
- Developing and managing processes, workflows, and insights across teams, particularly with the Digital Fundraising and Digital Strategy teams to help ensure all paid and organic digital strategies are aligned, engaging, and greater than the sum of their parts.
- Working across departments and with other international Greenpeace offices on major projects to develop content strategies for campaign pushes.
- Reporting on content performance and community health.
- Managing and coordinating posting on social channels from staff across the organization.
- Developing plans, processes, and content for events.
Minimum requirements for the Social Media Engagement Manager include:
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing online communications, including content for major social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms for a brand or nonprofit organization.
- 5 years of experience using quantitative and qualitative data to drive iterative social content strategies
- 3 years of experience with project management and/or supervising staff.
- Understanding and proven experience managing design, production, and delivery of creative strategies including but not limited social, graphic, and video content.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, geographically distributed team
Additional requirements for the Social Media Engagement Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to coach and facilitate others to develop engaging writing, design, and video to ensure our brand campaigns resonate with Greenpeace supporters and other priority audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent copywriting and editing are essential skills for the position.
If you want to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID - 19 NOTICE:
As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
If you're ready to join an ambitious team of passionate people dedicated to stopping climate catastrophe and advancing justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be review on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
The starting salary for this position is anticipated to be $76,473 - $87,900, and is commensurate with experience.