Community Management Specialist - Clean Technology
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Do you love the idea of working with collaborative teams to drive real-world change every day? Do you love communicating with online audiences and individuals to inspire people to take action and solve some of our world's biggest problems like climate change?
We are seeking an ambitious and energetic professional who will help develop and implement community management strategies across social media channels. The ideal candidate will have great written and conversational skills, an eye for key messages and ability to center justice and science with strong writing, take an insightful approach to social media communications, and have the patience and willingness needed to take on misinformation, trolling, and difficult conversations that happen on social media.
The person in this role will operate across compelling projects with global and local focus. They'll be able to implement strategies to connect to different audiences. They will work closely with our online team members, media, fundraising, actions, and project teams to tell bold stories that can change the world in the spirit of Greenpeace's strong brand. They will be a champion for stories and conversations that build and mobilize movements.
This is a full time, exempt position based in any authorized Greenpeace state: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NV, NY, OR, VA, WA.
The Community Management Specialist - Clean Technology will:
- Help develop our community management strategy including developing messaging, trainings, and specialized content to ensure we are responsive to the members of our online social communities on a daily basis, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, and more.
- Listen and respond to the members of our online communities on a daily basis, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, SMS, and more.
- Coordinate with staff across teams to help listen and respond to members of our online community.
- Act as the front line against bad actors in digital spaces like trolls, brigades, and spreaders of misinformation. Identify bad actors and swiftly communicate their presence to relevant coworkers. Deftly ban, hide, and respond to bad actors as appropriate. Use best practices to counter misinformation with strong writing and avoid mistakenly amplifying it.
- Develop content that builds community health, like content that encourages conversations, content that lifts up positive community behavior, or content that helps us listen to online communities like questions, surveys, and tests.
- Reporting on trends in social followers' and supporters' sentiments and community health.
Minimum requirements for the Community Management Specialist - Clean Technology include:
- 1 year experience with online community management or moderation on a major social media channel like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, or Reddit for yourself, a brand or nonprofit organization.
- Commitment to Greenpeace's mission and non-violent direct action as a means of affecting change.
- Strong equity analysis and demonstrated understanding of, commitment to, and prioritization of racial justice, social justice, and accessibility, as well as experience working effectively with different constituencies. Ability to write with a justice lens.
- Excellent copywriting and editing are essential skills for the position.
Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, maintain focus, and hit goals in a fast-paced, ever-changing campaign environment
- Ability to write impactful and engaging campaign messaging that resonates with our membership
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, geographically distributed team
- Strong preference for candidates with demonstrated interest in learning about ideas and trends in online communities, digital culture, and emerging technologies.
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice. Our mission is to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that is a reflection of the global campaigns and missions that we champion.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID - 19 Notice:
As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
If you're ready to join an ambitious team of passionate people dedicated to stopping climate catastrophe and advancing justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be review on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts at $60,000 and is commensurate with experience.