Supporter Care Associate
30+ days ago
Position: * Supporter Care Associate
Reports to: Supporter Care Manager
Closing Date for Applications: May 4, 2022
Contract Details: temporary (till March 2023), unionized, full-time (full-time GPCA staff work a four day work week, Monday to Friday, 28hr/wk)
Salary: $45,165 CAD (prorated for partial years of service)
About Greenpeace Canada:
Greenpeace Canada is an independently funded, non-profit organization that works towards a greener, more peaceful world, and to confront the systems that threaten people and the planet. We challenge government and industry to halt harmful practices by negotiating solutions, conducting scientific research, introducing clean alternatives, carrying out peaceful acts of civil disobedience and engaging the public. To maintain independence Greenpeace does not accept donations from corporations or governments. Greenpeace relies on individual donors and creative partnerships to fund our environmental justice campaigns.
As an organization, Greenpeace Canada recognizes and supports Indigenous sovereignty and the Land Back movement. We support the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) and are committed to collaboration and consultation with Indigenous Peoples to ensure our campaigns and positions respect Indigenous rights and liberation.
Greenpeace Canada is committed to a workplace that is enriched by the people, needs and desires of Canada’s diverse communities. We seek candidates with a variety of perspectives and lived experiences to effect change and will prioritize applicants from racialized and other equity-seeking groups.
The responsibilities and skills for this role are outlined below. Greenpeace Canada fully recognizes lived experiences, unpaid credentials, as well as education and work experiences from outside of Canada. If you are interested in this role, but feel you do not have all of the requirements listed for this position, we highly encourage you to still apply!
About the role: *
Greenpeace Canada is seeking a bilingual (French & English) customer service all-star to provide administrative, clerical, and database support services for the Supporter Careteam. Ideally, this fun, fast and friendly person will have experience processing, updating and maintaining database inputs for monthly electronic funds transfer (EFT) donations and supporter records.
- Maintain a daily liaison with French and English speaking Greenpeace supporters, who are primarily monthly donors. Answer 1-800 donor and public calls
- Maintain supporter databases and ensure donations are confirmed and allotted appropriately. Enter and update new and existing supporter information (e.g. new monthly or one-time donations, cancels, changes and record coding) supporter changes of address, name, corrections, record coding and duplications.
- Efficiently and promptly handle a range of enquiries, responses, complaints, provide general information, explain procedures and resolve problems from supporters and the general public. Respond to calls, letters and emails. Welcome calling to new monthly donors to get them engaged in the organisation and answer any queries they might have about Greenpeace campaigns or donations. Thank You calls to donors who have made recent donations. Try to save supporters who call or email to cancel monthly support by downgrading or putting their donation on hold.
- Record feedback from supporters and public and respond to campaign information requests based on resources provided from the Programs department.
- Occasionally respond to requests from online activists on social media.
- Follow up on moved donors and problematic donations.
- Assist team members in the Fundraising and Engagement team as deemed necessary.
- Directing and welcoming visitors, suppliers and courier messengers into the office in a warm and professional manner
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in both French & English.
- Excellent computer skills
- Highly developed administrative, organizational and time management skills along with a fine attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to handle potentially stressful situations.
- Experience working with bank information/systems and fundraising databases.
- Familiarity with environmental issues, Greenpeace goals, and fundraising would be considered an asset.
Candidates should understand and support Greenpeace campaign tactics, including the use of peaceful civil disobedience. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance.
Our benefits package includes: generous holidays; dental and extended medical insurance for you and your family and a 4-day (28 hour) work week.
All Greenpeace Canada staff have been working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please use the link below to apply for this position. Tell us about yourself by attaching your CV and cover letter.
In accordance with our Collective Agreement, internal candidates from unionized positions will be considered for open unionized positions prior to considering external applicants.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you require assistance or accommodations for illness or disability when applying to this opportunity, please email email@example.com for support. We thank all applicants, but only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45,165.00 per year