Digital Insights Analyst
29 days ago
Job Vacancy: Digital Insights Analyst
Location: Anywhere in Canada. We have offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Currently, our staff are working from home due to the pandemic.
Reports to: Head of Digital
Details: Full time, permanent, unionized (Four day work week, Monday to Thursday, 28 hours/week)
Salary: $53,399 CAD per year (this amount will be prorated for partial years of service)
Closing date for applicants: The deadline for applications is April 7, 2022.
About Greenpeace Canada:
Greenpeace Canada is an independently funded, non-profit organization that works towards a greener, more peaceful world, and to confront the systems that threaten people and the planet. We challenge government and industry to halt harmful practices by negotiating solutions, conducting scientific research, introducing clean alternatives, carrying out peaceful acts of civil disobedience and engaging the public. To maintain independence Greenpeace does not accept donations from corporations or governments. Greenpeace relies on individual donors and creative partnerships to fund our environmental justice campaigns.
As an organization, Greenpeace Canada recognizes and supports Indigenous sovereignty and the Land Back movement. We support the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) and are committed to collaboration and consultation with Indigenous Peoples to ensure our campaigns and positions respect Indigenous rights and liberation.
Greenpeace Canada is committed to a workplace that is enriched by the people, needs and desires of Canada’s diverse communities. We seek candidates with a variety of perspectives and lived experiences to effect change and will prioritize applicants from racialized and other equity-seeking groups.
The responsibilities and skills for this role are outlined below. Greenpeace Canada fully recognizes lived experiences, unpaid credentials, as well as education and work experiences from outside of Canada. If you are interested in this role, but feel you do not have all of the requirements listed for this position, we highly encourage you to still apply!
About the role: *
Greenpeace Canada (GPC) is seeking a Digital Insights Analyst to meet our engagement and fundraising goals through people-powered campaigns. The Digital Insight Analyst conducts engagement analyses (digital fundraising, mobilization, social media, media, etc) to optimize conversions and engagement across our digital platforms. This analyst will also identify best practices, risks or new opportunities, provide insights and recommendations, and implement tests in order to track progress of our engagement strategies.. The role will also, on occasion, conduct and support digital platform maintenance.
Major Responsibilities: *
- Analytics & Reporting Systems Development
- Review, develop and implement a strategic plan for online tracking, analytics, testing and optimization, in collaboration with the Web Producer.
- Participate in — and be accountable for — the development of national reporting and business intelligence processes for Greenpeace Canada’s engagement data.
- Performance Monitoring and reporting
- Monitor and report on campaign and content performance for email, social media, website, and other digital channels.
- Centralize, analyze and transform raw data into actionable insights.
- Create insightful presentations to explain the “data story” to the Greenpeace team and to inform decision-making.
- Training and Coaching of Staff
- Support the technical development of Greenpeace staff through in-person and video conference training.
- Support Digital Campaigners, the Web Producer and Data Analytics Team on projects through training, as well as methodological and skills development.
- Testing and optimization across online platforms
- Leverage website and audience data to draw insights, develop hypotheses and proactively implement testing opportunities and changes to digital platforms.
- Design, conduct and interpret regular A/B tests across digital campaigns to identify best practices and increase conversion rates.
- Advise the team on best practices for action pages, email templates, social media channels, etc and implement recommendations.
- Platform responsibilities
- Support the digital team for maintenance and improvement of various digital platforms.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2-5 years of experience in a marketing website or digital analyst function, contributing to the monitoring of growth, communications or mobilization strategies and using programmatic analysis technologies and methodologies.
- High level understanding of data analytics, engagement data types and KPIs.
- High level understanding of web analytics and experience with the Google Analytics ecosystem (including Google Tag Manager).
- Experience working with digital and/or social media analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience in testing, optimization and implementing changes to various digital platforms.
- The ability to translate data into actionable recommendations and to communicate the conclusions of complex data analysis to non-expert audiences.
- Ability to organize and work with large sets of data.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications or Google Docs Editors suite, including spreadsheet and presentation softwares
- Strong interest to learn new tools and processes
- Analytical knowledge of database structures and designs including Extract Transform and Load (ETL) process automation.
- Knowledge of web development technologies such as HTML & CSS, Content Management Systems such as WordPress (P4) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems — direct experience with Civis is considered an asset.
- Experience working with diverse staff and teams across borders.
- A great team player that contributes to a positive work environment.
- Ability to develop ad-hoc tools for analysis and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of English needed as it is our primary operating language
- Knowledge of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis languages are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of other languages that reflect the diversity of Canada’s many communities are also highly desirable.
You will work with colleagues across Canada and collaborate with other Greenpeace offices around the world.
Candidates should understand and support the Greenpeace campaign tactics, including the use of peaceful civil disobedience.
Our benefits package includes: generous holidays; dental and extended medical insurance for you and your family, contributions towards a fossil-fuel-free pension plan equal to 5% of your gross salary, and a 4-day (28 hour) work week.
This position can be based anywhere in Canada. We have offices in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. All Greenpeace Canada staff have been working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please use the link below to apply for this position. Tell us about yourself by attaching your CV and a short (not more than 200 words) cover letter.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you require assistance or accommodations for illness or disability when applying to this opportunity, please email email@example.com for support. We thank all applicants, but only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time