Volunteer Video Editor
30+ days ago
Volunteer Video Editor
We are an independent campaigning organisation, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
We’re looking for someone who wants to use their creative skills to help protect the environment.
We’d love support with managing video files, drafting video scripts and treatments, finding stock footage, researching stories, filming, editing, and cataloging.
You will be helping the Creative Team at Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) to support the creation of powerful video content to increase the impact of our campaigns, raise awareness of environmental issues and inspire people to act.
We’re looking for someone who can commit to 4-16 hours per fortnight for an initial period of 8-12 weeks.
Competencies and attributes
- You will have experience with filming, video editing and social media coordination;
- You are organised, excited by the technical side of video wrangling and curious about how tools can help us achieve impactful content in a streamlined way;
- Experience with Canva and Adobe programs like Premier Pro is a bonus;
- You will also have a passion for conservation;
- A desire to learn and develop new skills;
- An understanding of Greenpeace’s activities and the importance of storytelling and communications to Greenpeace’s aims; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Filming and editing content for Greenpeace social media.
- Video transcription and video subtitling.
- Creating social media design assets and templates.
- Organising and archiving multimedia materials recorded during Greenpeace Australia Pacific activities.
- Researching and selecting video, photos and/or audio files that could contribute to Greenpeace storytelling and communication materials, in Australia and globally, for now and the future.
- Editing raw video footage and/or audio files into usable clip-reels for the Media Library.
- Editing (e.g. crop, colour correct) photos for the Greenpeace Media Library.
- Uploading videos, photos and audio to the Greenpeace Media Library.
- Uploading stock photos and footage to GPAP Notion library.
Research and development:
- Research trends and innovation in the creative content industry.
- Develop and pitch ideas for Greenpeace Australia Pacific content.
- Experiment with new formats and content types.
- Research potential collaborators (influencers, freelancers, agencies) and add these contacts to our database.
The role is primarily remote, but may occasionally involve meetings at our Melbourne offices or shoots offsite.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- A supportive work environment where you’re encouraged to learn and grow;
- An opportunity to build on your amazing skills and learn from our incredible team;
- A flexible schedule built around your requirements;
- Be part of an organisation defending the environment throughout the Australia Pacific Region;
- Use your creative expertise to motivate and inspire others to take action and support Greenpeace; and
- Gain practical work experience and training.
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People of Colour, Women, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A CV (of no more than 2 pages)
- A separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role
Applications close at 6pm on Monday, the 5th of September, 2022
If you have any questions regarding the role, please reach out to our Creative Team email@example.com
Job Type: Volunteer