19 days ago
Greenpeace Australia Pacific is a for-purpose independent campaigning organisation. We use peaceful, creative confrontation to expose environmental problems and develop solutions for a green future.
As part of the Fundraising and Technology department, the Engineering team exists to amplify the work we do and ensure all systems work together seamlessly. A small but driven team of professionals, our Engineers are scattered across the country and engage in a hybrid working model. They are a down-to-earth crew with the ability to work autonomously and come together for bigger projects when necessary. Our employees are a diverse mix of environmentally conscious people who want to change the world.
This is a full time permanent position that is flexible to work-from-home or in our Sydney or Melbourne offices. By having a deep understanding of our data models, business logic and business paradigms, our Engineers ensure staff from across the office get the most out of the tools we have. Joining the team, you will be collectively responsible for all software and data engineering needs, ranging from databases, data warehouses, and data pipelines, through system integration and automation.
- Strong knowledge of web development paradigms, especially RESTful API consumption and design.
- Familiarity with distributed microservices architectures and messaging communication paradigms.
- Familiarity with CRM products such as Salesforce and Hubspot, and their APIs.
- Understanding how to program in the context of a team and the software development lifecycle.
- Knowing what a good solution looks like in terms of time, money, how many requested features it can satisfy.
- Strong working knowledge of modern programming languages: Preferably Typescript and NodeJS, but relevant experience could include python or go.
- Experience with low or no code ELT/ETL systems and data warehousing.
- Familiarity with Zapier, Notion, Slack and GitHub (as our tools of choice).
- Good knowledge of SQL and database management including both relational and non-relational databases such as SQL and NoSQL variants (Key-value, Document and Graph), Google BigQuery and AWS RedShift.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Problem solving, insights and pattern recognition.
- Detail oriented, able to work independently, and possess strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-teach, learn new systems and continuously learn on the job.
- Strong capabilities in git, particularly with GitHub, including how to use it, branching models and how pull requests work are all essential.
- Basic algorithms and data structures, including knowledge of the difference between objects and arrays, graph structures, what hash tables or linked list is and basic Big-O analysis.
- An agile mindset, and the experience and desire to work in an agile environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a particular focus on breaking down technical complexity to a comprehensible level for non-technical stakeholders.
- Working understanding of applied security and encryption, including key concepts.
- Working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery environment.
- At least four (4) years’ experience working professionally in software development.
- Experience working with real-time ETL systems, data warehousing and data pipelines.
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform, Cloud Functions and Big Query.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or software engineering.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A brand new office space in Sydney to be opened early next year.
- The opportunity to take part in campaigns, share your ideas and be part of the bigger picture.
- A culture of driven and passionate and interesting people making for great water cooler chats!
- Career growth opportunities.
- A great work-life balance including 35 hour work week, genuine flexible working arrangements and integrity framework, and
- A culture that genuinely celebrates justice and belonging.
Australia (AUD): $104,932.82per annum + super
Fiji (FJD): $75,473.45 per annum + super
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented represented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait and Pacific Islander peoples, People of Colour, Women, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to your discretion which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia or Fiji.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Wednesday 7 December 2022.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,473.45 per year