Engagement Officer (to the CEO)
30+ days ago
Engagement Officer (to the CEO)
Greenpeace is an independent environmental campaigning organisation dedicated to securing an earth capable of nurturing life in all of its magnificent diversity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the world’s most renowned environmental campaigning organisation in a highly dynamic role, working closely with Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s CEO, David Ritter, across every aspect of his national and international responsibilities. In this role you will live and breathe the Greenpeace mission to secure an earth capable of nurturing life in all of its magnificent diversity.
The successful candidate will be working with David to drive his digital media communications and engagement, coordinate internal and external relationships, optimise workflow management, attend travel and events, and deal with all aspects of executive administration, in this exhilarating role.
There are enormous learning opportunities in the role, which is required to work in deep collaboration across Greenpeace’s highly talented and committed campaign, communications, philanthropic and engagement teams, and to engage with a diverse and amazing network of external relationships.
It is a role with great development potential as a springboard into future positions across all of Greenpeace’s functions and global network.
This role is open to candidates who are based in Sydney.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes digital media; can keep track of and prioritise multiple moving parts; and who can build great relationships and rapport with people from all walks of life. The successful candidate will be someone who combines dynamic responsiveness to breaking news and digital media moments, with exemplary attentiveness to task delivery. We need someone who can manage their own time and prioritisation, and David’s, with great skill and care.
The candidate would benefit from a background in areas like digital engagement, stakeholder relations; marketing, communications and media; or high level executive administration – but we are interested in applicants from any relevant background. The successful applicant will be able to effortlessly manage multiple tasks and projects of different cadences, but also make time for longer term strategy development and systems improvement.
Emotional intelligence, factual accuracy, personal integrity, flexibility, the ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exemplary time management and an entrepreneurial spirit are all essential attributes for this role.
In terms of some basics, you will need:
- Commitment to Greenpeace values and mission;
- At least two years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High level excellent digital literacy, including in leading social media platforms; and
- High level office administration skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- This role is one of a kind. It is exciting, innovative, and gives you the opportunity to not only work as the right-hand to the CEO of Greenpeace Australia Pacific, but to take centre-stage in tackling the climate crisis, work on historic projects, travel and build important and influential relationships;
- Over time, precursors to this role have proven a great entry point for career development within Greenpeace Australia Pacific and Greenpeace’s international offices;
- There’s no doubt that this position requires resilience and working some unusual hours – it is that kind of role – but this is balanced with TOIL as necessary, and generous leave conditions, including equal parental leave and an extra week of leave during the Christmas to New Year period;
- Greenpeace Australia Pacific has a genuinely fantastic workplace culture, built on great values, and you will be based in the soon-to-be opened Rainbow Warrior House regional headquarters;
- An organisation that is taking an employee-led approach to adapting to the new ways of remote working; and
- A truly global culture that celebrates inclusivity and diversity, within a defined justice and belonging framework.
Salary $73,769.95 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment to providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees, and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 2 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 7 August 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $73,769.95 per year