Donor Development Officer
30+ days ago
Donor Development Officer
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses a range of strategies and creative tactics to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
The Donor Development team at Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) play an important role connecting donors with inspiring experiences of the organisation so our campaigns continue to delight, engage and empower them. We align our fundraising activity with core GPAP campaigns, to ensure we create maximum impact.
A highly collaborative team working across the organisation, we are responsible for building a culture of excellence and best practice in supporter experience and donor communications enabling GPAP to leverage its financial power to win campaigns.
The Donor Development Officer implements a range of donor retention and development
activities at GPAP, and is responsible for coordinating all of our direct mail cash appeals, supporter newsletters, end of financial year tax receipt and other printed materials, as well as initiatives to improve donor experience and monitoring metrics.
This role works closely alongside other members of the Fundraising and Engagement teams to execute appeals, upgrade and retention initiatives, and works with our Engagement Administrators to ensure retention insights are implemented into supporter processes.
This role is a six month contract position while one of our wonderful team members is on secondment, with possibility of extension based on organisational requirements. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can make an immediate start.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Experience executing direct marketing campaigns and donor retention activities;
- Experience in delivering customer experience or donor experience initiatives;
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar or related role;
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising and non-government organisations;
- Some knowledge of Fundraising Institute of Australia (FIA) and Association for Data-Driven Marketing & Advertising (ADMA) policies and guidelines (desirable);
- Skills in data analysis to provide strategic insights to inform marketing activity;
- Ability to analyse retention activities to determine success and decide upon next course;
- Experience in direct mail printing and production methods and related processes;
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce and Google Suite (desirable).
Open to applicants Australia wide.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A flexible working environment, with working from home or a hybrid approach if based in Sydney;
- The chance to engage and mobilise one of the largest NGO membership bases in Australia;
- The chance to work in a highly experienced, dynamic and passionate Donor Development team;
- The opportunity to connect with Greenpeace networks across the world;
- A supportive working environment, including a health allowance, focus on personal development and a robust integrity framework;
- Generous leave conditions including extra days of leave during the Christmas to New Years period;
- A fast-paced and high impact culture that genuinely celebrates inclusivity and diversity;
- Opportunities for training and career development.
Salary $73,769.95 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented represented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait and Pacific Islander peoples, People of Colour, Women, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on. Remember no one has every skill or experience in the Job Description, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn a lot from the team. We believe someone who has a few of these is well suited to excel.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have current working rights for Australia.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Thursday 26 January 2023.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $73,769.95 per year