18 days ago
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation, which uses creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future. At Greenpeace Australia Pacific our current priority is tackling climate change.
The Campaign team is responsible for fighting against the planet’s enemies. The primary goal of Greenpeace Australia Pacific (GPAP) is to bring down the might of the fossil fuel order standing in the way of a sustainable future; this team’s job is to run campaigns that fulfil this goal. We’re working to stop a huge new dangerous gas mine, take the fight of the Pacific to the world’s biggest stages, and push huge corporations to ditch coal and oil. You’ll be working on a campaign to help Australian households electrify everything, starting with transport.
The Campaigner will play a key role in the fight to accelerate the electrification of transport in Australia. In this role you will explore and find ways to use your campaigning skills to leverage the huge power of our supporters, while devising and delivering outstanding campaign activities in our Electrify campaign. The role will be responsible for creating effective campaign communications, undertaking research and analysis, liaising with campaign allies and stakeholders, conducting policy analysis and development, and supporting community activation efforts.
This is a full-time, 12 month contract role.
For more information about the job, please take a look at the Job Description
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for an outstanding campaigner with a strong grasp on campaign strategy and communications and a track record of successful stakeholder engagement. You’ll have a thorough understanding of Australian politics, and how to use different skills and strategies to win campaigns.
You’ll also have:
- Love for campaigning, and a desire to shift Australia away from fossil fuels;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar or related role;
- Knowledge and/or experience in national or international campaigning;
- Understanding of storytelling and audiences; and
- Intellectual ability to understand dynamic scientific, social and political issues.
More than anything, you will need to have demonstrated ability to design and win campaigns, with bonus points for doing it for the environment sector, or in the Not-for-Profit space.
Open to applicants Australia wide, with a strong preference for Sydney or Melbourne for the opportunity to join in person staff workshops, meetings, get-togethers and creative confrontation activities.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An incredible opportunity to help lead the fight against one of the most important fossil fuel battles on Earth
- The chance to engage and mobilise one of the largest NGO membership bases in Australia;
- Access to an expert media and communications team, and our extensive research, investigation and creative capacity;
- Access to our global network of campaigning expertise, and the opportunity to connect with our networks across the world;
- Work-life balance including 35 hour work week, genuine flexible working arrangements and high standards of integrity; and
- A fast-paced, high impact culture that genuinely celebrates justice and belonging.
Salary $88,170.76 per annum + Superannuation
HOW TO APPLY
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups (Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Pacific peoples, People of Colour, women, non-binary and gender diverse people, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with a disability) often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
To apply for this role please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter (of no more than 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role. If your legal and preferred names are different, please use your preferred name in your application, as this is the name that we will address all communications to.
Note: Not all responsibilities and competencies listed in the Job Description need to be addressed; it is left to the discretion of the applicant which to focus on.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications close at midnight, Monday 3 October 2022.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $88,170.76 per year