Digital Fundraising Specialist
30+ days ago
The Development Department at Greenpeace US strives to create a holistic supporter experience for our expanding and diverse community. The Digital Fundraising Specialist plays a key role in the department by developing fundraising strategies form our website, as well as oversight of donor’s digital journeys. This role reports to the Digital Fundraising Senior Manager.
The Digital Fundraising Specialist is responsible for growing revenue through our website, as well as strategic development, implementation and reporting on donor’s digital journeys for both Greenpeace Inc (501c4) and Greenpeace Fund (501c3) entities. This role works in the Marketing Department, and closely coordinates with the Online Team, whose focus is digital brand and advocacy, to ensure fundraising website properties as well as donor journeys are optimal for response and revenue.
This is a remote position, preferably based in Washington DC or New York City, and open to remote working in an authorized Greenpeace state: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NV, NY, OR, VA, WA.
The Digital Fundraising Specialist will:
- Lead in building supporter segmentations narrations and strategy to be implemented throughout digital subchannels
- Create and implement donation page strategy for both Greenpeace Inc., and Greenpeace Fund, optimization strategy with multivariate testing and reporting with focus on sustainer (monthly) giving
- Work closely with Online team post-action fundraising initiatives
- Review digital analytics and reporting to develop optimization of donor journeys, conversion rates, acquisition and renewal rates, and attrition
- Build budget and revenue projections for a fundraising program (FY22 revenue goal is $2.2M)
- Work closely with Email Fundraising Specialists on welcome series, email queries, auto-responders
- Strategic direction and implementation between Campaign and Fundraising for UX, Website, Actions/Campaigns
The Minimum Requirements for the Digital Fundraising Specialist include:
- 2-3 years experience creating digital content, including content for major social media channels like Instagram, Twitter and other platforms for a brand or nonprofit organization
- Commitment to Greenpeace’s mission and non-violent direct-action as a means of affecting change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, maintain focus, and hit goals in a fast-paced, ever changing campaign environment
- Ability to write impactful and engaging campaign messaging that resonates with our membership
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, geographically distributed team
- Excellent copywriting and editing are essential skills for the position
- Preference for applicants with experience with graphic design and/or audio-video production familiarity with programs such as: Photoshop, Canva, or Illustrator, and or with social platforms like TikTok and Instagram.
- Strong equity analysis and demonstrated understanding of, commitment to, and prioritization of racial justice, social justice, and accessibility, as well as experience working effectively with different constituencies.
Additional qualifications for the Digital Fundraising Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Background in direct marketing and sustainer analytics
- A proven track record of increasing revenue through digital channels
- Strong background in customer care
- An innovator who loves to create but does not need to own
- A strong working knowledge of current fundraising industry practices
- Commitment to and a passion for the principles of Greenpeace, protecting the environment and management through the lens of DEI
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice. Our mission is to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that is a reflection of the global campaigns and missions that we champion.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact us.
COVID - 19:
*As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pretax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 6% 401K matching. New staff members receive 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days, 2 personal days in their first year. Additionally we are closed Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
After 1 year of service staff members receive 20 weeks of fully paid parental leave and after five years, staff are eligible for a 12 week paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts at $60,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Remote