Brand and Insights Director
15 days ago
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For over fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster. As an independent organization, Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities, safeguarding our independence and ability to speak the truth and act boldly. We recognize the importance of the moment: Ours is the first generation to experience the impacts of climate change and ecosystem destruction, and the last generation with a window of time to do something about it.
This is a remote position in an authorized telecommuting Greenpeace state: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NV, NY, OR, VA, WA
Greenpeace USA uses creative and non-violent confrontational communications and tactics to run effective and hard-hitting campaigns that inspire our members and help protect the planet. We are also part of the global Greenpeace network and utilize our international power to drive change around the world. The Communications team is integral to all of the work that we do.
The Brand and Insights Director position is a newly created role that will be essential in helping Greenpeace refine, build, and bring to life a refreshed Greenpeace USA brand. As such we’re looking for an experienced brand manager with experience keen to dive in and help us take our organization to new audiences in 2022 and beyond.
This role reports into the Communications Director. They will work closely with members of the Communications, Digital, Marketing/Development, and Campaign Teams. The Brand and Insights Director is a member of the Communications Leadership Team. This is an exempt, full-time, benefits eligible role that can be based in any location Greenpeace is authorized to work in.
The Brand and Insights Director will:
- Own and develop Greenpeace USA brand and ensures it acts as a tool to lift organizational advocacy and fundraising goals
- Oversee Greenpeace USA brand refresh, including working with external consultants to develop and disseminate organizational values, theory of change, voice, and other elements that make up our brand, including brand positioning within the environmental movement and wider progressive movement.
- Develop an online brand training module to help the broader organization understand our brand.
- Build a brand ambassador mentality across all staff and advance an organization wide shared understanding of the attitudes, behaviors, values, and interests of both current and future supporters.
- Audit the market research landscape at Greenpeace USA to better utilize existing audience research and data and partner with our Data and Digital team to develop brand metrics.
- Socialize and interpret existing research and work with Data, Digital, and Campaign teams to identify the data gaps and opportunities to guide further market research.
- Advise and support cross-departmental campaign teams in developing audience-centric theories of change that support brand, advocacy, and fundraising goals.
- Partner closely with the Content Director to inform the development of content that educates and activates the millions of Americans concerned and alarmed about climate change.
- Serve as a key member of the global Greenpeace brand network.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across the organization to understand campaign objectives and ensure the most relevant audience research and insights are brought to life for our teams and decision makers.
- Drive actionable recommendations about the future of our individual supporter base.
- Stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
Minimum requirements for the Brand and Insights Director include:
- A passion for the environment and understanding supporter behaviors and trends.
- 7 years related experience required, including developing and implementing brand strategies and brand guidelines.
- Experience working with both Marketing/Development team and Advocacy campaigns strongly preferred.
- Experience working with global brands is strongly preferred.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at many levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and develop creative solutions.
- Ability to build positive work relationships internally and externally; ability to engage with everyone in an inclusive, respectful and empathetic way.
If you want to join the fight against climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact us.
COVID - 19:
*As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pretax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 6% 401K matching. New staff members receive 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days, 2 personal days in their first year. Additionally we are closed Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
After 1 year of service staff members receive 20 weeks of fully paid parental leave and after five years, staff are eligible for a 12 week paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts at $90,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote