Digital Fundraising Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
23 days ago
THE POST: DIGITAL FUNDRAISING MANAGER
The role’s major responsibility is to lead and manage Digital Fundraising Channel. The role is also responsible for ensuring that through these supporters they raise money and gain commitment to Greenpeace’s vision to achieve ecological sustainability. As
Greenpeace has a policy of not soliciting funds from corporations or governments, we are reliant on the support of individuals for all the funds to carry out our environmental campaigns.
The main objectives for the position of Digital Fundraising Manager are:-
1. Develops, advises upon, and coordinates the implementation of the Digital
Fundraising Strategy for GPMY; directly, contributes to all forms of digital communications, marketing, and fundraising for GPMY.
2. Responsible for managing the GPMY digital fundraising team, in charge of digital content production, website design, development and management, online fundraising and marketing, as well as social media.
This is a one year fixed term position based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible arrangements working in challenging field and frontline work environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and Managing all digital fundraising activities for Greenpeace
Southeast Asia in Malaysia.
- Supervises, supports, evaluates, and sets clear attainable objectives for digital fundraising channels.
- Improve integration between fundraising the program and engagement team and other colleagues to ensure the digital fundraising team is able to deliver online fundraising targets.
- Develop Digital Fundraising Strategy and execute GPMY’s strategy aimed at increasing income from online supporters, including the acquisition of new donors and engaging with existing donors.
- Develop an annual plan for digital fundraising, working in close collaboration with DFRD and FRD.
- Track, measure, and report the digital fundraising performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and ensure course correction for optimal performance.
i. Performance Analysis Monitoring
- Participate Develop and maintain accurate reporting and analysis functions in order to facilitate effective management of the program.
- Effectively monitor key performance indicators, and use results to drive strategy, seeking to develop areas of performance with the greatest potential.
- Work with appropriate members of the Fundraising Team to effectively track conversion to donor and test strategies to improve it.
- Work with appropriate members of the Fundraising to effectively track supporter attrition and test strategies to reduce it.
- Work with appropriate members of the Fundraising team to provide other useful reporting such as channel performance, demographic analysis etc.
- Contribute to the development of the GPMY social media strategy in collaboration with the other members of the digital marketing team
- Oversee monthly reporting by the team to the FRD and DFRD.
- Provides direction and support to digital fundraising agency on the development of digital creative and multimedia projects.
- Development of relationships with social media “influencers” relevant to fundraising.
- Organize performance review meetings with in-house and agency teams.
- Serve on cross-functional project teams as required ensuring a fundraising and marketing perspective is effectively represented.
- Manage paid search campaigns on multiple online platforms, to drive traffic and maximize the number and value of individual and regular donations made online, meeting expenditure, income, and ROI targets.
- Develop web advertising campaigns including paid search, SEO, and PPC to drive traffic on donation pages, from initial brief through copy and design development to final delivery, monitoring, and optimization.
- Optimize copy and fundraising landing pages of the GPMY website/s for search engine marketing.
- Manage e-mail campaigns. This includes scheduling of activity, targeting, commissioning content and selection of imagery and multimedia, layout and design – acquiring new email subscribers.
- Undertaking any other reasonable task that the DFRD sees fit for the smooth running of the digital fundraising function.
- Oversee the timely and accurate administration, results reporting.
- Ensure Greenpeace policy and procedures are observed.
- Ensure the program remains transparent within the organization, report Key
Performance Indicators, and at staff meetings.
i. Strategic Planning, Development and Support
- Adjust and refine strategies to ensure Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Remain up to date on digital fundraising trends, and strategies worldwide and translate possibilities to Malaysia.
- Take an active role in the wider fundraising strategy, planning and implementation.
- Develop relationships and cooperation with suppliers and agencies as necessary.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Develops processes and a system for gathering data on audiences reached through our websites and social media in collaboration with the Web and
Social Media team.
- Analyses such data and report on a monthly basis on trends in audience reach in general.
- Report upon request on audience reach relating to specific communications and advice on how GPMY can adjust its approach in order to reach the intended audience.
- Advice on best tools and practices for metrics and analysis.
- Use the available CRM system to make inquiries, update records and produce required reports.
- Ensure that all fundraising activities comply with applicable law at all times, including compliance with data protection legislation.
- Ensure that all communications are consistent with the GPMY profile and brand and that Greenpeace’s name and logo rights are protected at all times.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Digital Marketing / Business Administration /
Mass Communication or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing digital fundraising campaigns.
- Strong data analysis and website traffic measurement skills.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing online Ad campaigns and Facebook ads.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Basic HTML and PHP skills will be desirable.
- Experience in managing large budgets/meeting income targets.
- Experience in working with people of different cultures.
- Experience in budget forecasting and preparing annual budgets.
- Experience in a charity or Non-for-Profit environment would be an advantage.
- Professionalism: Knowledge and/or experience in managing conduct and emotions in a way that represents the values and realizes the objectives of the organization.
- Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multi-cultural audiences.
- Leadership: Knowledge and/or experience in guiding and directing the efforts of others by presenting a clear vision, delegating responsibilities, and providing constant support and feedback.
- Innovation & Change: Knowledge and/or experience in reflecting creative and imaginative thinking, an openness to new ideas, and an ability to take calculated risks in order to meet organizational objectives.
- Strategic Thinking & Global Mindset: Knowledge and/or experience in addressing organizational objectives by developing calculated approaches that integrate an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures.
- Knowledge and/or experience in project and budget management tools and methodologies
- Knowledge and/or experience in managing project budgets
- Knowledge and/or experience in forecasting
- Knowledge and/or experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and/or experience in Salesforce, and Hubspot CRM systems.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia is required.
Interested candidates are invited to (1) write a Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace and Curriculum Vitae (CV) email us.
Website : https://www.greenpeace.org/malaysia/act/jobs/digital-fundraising-manager/
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Contract length: 12 months
- Additional leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Gym membership
- Health insurance
- Maternity leave
- Opportunities for promotion
- Parental leave
- Professional development
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kuala Lumpur: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 5 years (Required)
- Data analysis skills: 5 years (Required)
- Lead generation: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Application Deadline: 01/07/2023