Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Organization: Greenpeace MENA
Department: GP MENA Fundraising Department
Reports to: Fundraising Director
Location: The job is based in the MENA region (Remotely)
The Fundraising Coordinator is accountable for organizing and assisting in fundraising activities to support the organization's mission, programs, and initiatives. Maintain a close relationship with other job functions to develop and leverage relationships that result in meeting or exceeding fundraising targets that guarantee the organization's initiatives and core operations are adequately and sustainably resourced.
- Editing: Support the Fundraising department in developing content for Blogs, Emails, Social Media and Cases for Support
- Donor Engagement: Desk research to expand the organization's donor database on prospective donors; foundations and High Networth Individuals.
- Grant Writing and Research: Grants & donors searching, applying for grants, and writing grant proposals that highlight the organization's goals, programs, and the positive impact of their work.
- Database Management: Keep accurate records of donors, donations, and communications for effective fundraising and track donor interactions.
- Reporting to Donors: Assist in providing regular reports on specific fundraising projects, donations received, and expenses incurred which are regularly presented to donors.
- Event Coordination: Assist in all logistical aspects, such as venue selection, catering, guest management, and promotional materials.
- Online Fundraising: Content writing, assisting in maintaining the online fundraising campaigns, leveraging social media, email marketing, and crowdfunding platforms to reach a wider audience
- Awareness and Marketing: Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to create materials that effectively communicate the organization's mission, impact, and fundraising needs to potential donors and supporters.
- Internal coordination: between the FR department and the internal team to ensure work alignment and updates are in place and liaise with engagement for signoffs and visual materials.
- Compliance: Adhere to legal and ethical guidelines surrounding fundraising activities, ensuring that the organization operates transparently and responsibly.
- OTHER: any other duty, as appropriate to the post and as delegated by your line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in communications, business, public relations, or a related field
- A certification, diploma, or similar qualification in fundraising is a plus
Experience & Skills
- At least three (3) years of experience in a fundraising role with a demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals or equivalent experience gained through a professional qualification
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
- Strong attention to details
- Passion for research
- Ability to successfully balance priorities while managing multiple tasks and planning big events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the Arabic and English languages
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships, in particular working with cross-cultural and global teams
- Effective planning and organizing abilities
- Good time management
- Develop innovative fundraising ideas and campaigns to engage donors
- The capacity to multitask, manage numerous projects at once, and perform well under time constraints and pressure
- Autonomous, flexible, and agile
- Knowledge sharing
- Familiarity with online fundraising platforms, social media, and email marketing
- Assertive and persistent, demonstrate the ability to effectively lead a task from inception to completion
- Adapt to new trends and adjust strategies accordingly
- Demonstrate a positive mindset and have the ability to think creatively and find solutions
- Maintain integrity at all times
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work in a fast-paced environment
Commitment to Greenpeace’s core values in response to environmental and peace issues through non-violent direct action-led campaigning in line with its mission
Greenpeace MENA is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages applicants irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, culture, religion, and ethnic background to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to this link no later than November 16, 2023