Greenpeace Nordic is seeking their next Executive Director (ED) to lead the organisation inclusively. The chosen candidate will guide the Nordic branch, its supporters, and grassroots allies towards increased impact and systemic-level change through creative confrontation and non-violent direct action, to safeguard the climate, the planet, and its people.
The ED guides the organisation across organisational development, long-term policy- and program work, and the mobilisation of staff, volunteers, supporters, and key stakeholders to shape public opinion and achieve impactful victories that enhance the well-being of both people and the planet.
Purpose of the position
Leading a passionate team across Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, the Nordic ED will report to and be supported by the Board of Directors, working toward the shared vision of a green and peaceful future both in the region and on a global scale. The successful candidate is an inspiring, enabling, and visionary leader who ensures coherence and strategic alignment. They will build the capacity of Greenpeace Nordic to effectively protect and conserve the environment, in harmony with Greenpeace’s global vision.
Key required skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in senior management with an empowering leadership style, fostering a culture of high performance, openness, trust, and accountability, ensuring organizational ethics and integrity.
- Deep understanding of global environmental issues and Nordic political contexts, with an unwavering commitment to sustainability and Greenpeace’s climate and environmental justice approach.
- Relevant expertise in subjects related to the environment, international affairs/relations, sustainable development, and the political landscape influencing public and private institutions.
- Champion of Greenpeace’s values with a strong commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety. Demonstrated practice of inclusivity and an intersectional approach.
- Proven ability to foster productive relationships internally and externally and rally different stakeholders around an inspiring vision.
- Demonstrated systems thinking with strategic and horizon-scanning skills; able to identify and address substantial challenges and provide leadership in developing innovative solutions, strategies, and responses for effective problem-solving.
More information and application
In this recruitment, we are collaborating with the recruitment agency Oxford HR. By clicking the application button, you will access the full job ad, list of requirements, and relevant application information. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo or Stockholm (hybrid remote policy applies, with a focus on in office / on-site presence)
Closing Date for Applications: 18th February, 2024
Greenpeace Nordic is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings, and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We promote equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and welcome applications from all sections of society.