FREELANCE FOSSIL FUEL RESEARCHER
5 days ago
DÉTAILS DE L'ANNONCE
Organisation : GREENPEACE
Site web : https://greenpeacebelgium.recruitee.com/o/fossil-fuel-researcher-freelance-position
Adresse email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Lieu de l'emploi : Bruxelles / Belgium
Type d'emploi : Autre
Type de contrat : Temps partiel
Fonction : Expertise/recherche
Date de publication : 14/09/2022
Date limite : 30/09/2022
- Fluency in English and French/Dutch (spoken and written) + Dutch/French (written)
- Easy collaboration with people from a range of countries, backgrounds and (native) languages
- Curious and investigative personality, persistent and persevering, enjoys looking for needles in a haystack without frustration
- Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Thorough with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, while asking for guidance when needed
- Computer literate, with experience using Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word and Excel, as well as their Google Drive counterparts
- Experience with OSINT tools
- Higher education, preferably with previous experience in research or journalism
- Basic knowledge of data wrangling and analysis
GREENPEACE BELGIUM vzw
is looking for a
FREELANCE FOSSIL FUEL RESEARCHER (2 days/week)
Location: anywhere in Belgium
Application deadline: September 30th
Contract: Freelance 15 October 2022 - 15 April 2023 (2 days/week)
Remuneration: €350/day on freelance basis
Greenpeace is an independent, peaceful and non-partisan organisation denouncing environmental threats and promoting solutions to protect the environment and further world peace.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunities employer. We put people’s qualities first, regardless of sex, gender, origin, age, religious belief, class or ability. We offer employees a work environment respecting the dignity of each individual.
We are currently looking for a freelance researcher to join our investigations unit. This team carries out in-depth research aiding in the understanding of the different layers and actors of systems causing the climate and biodiversity crises.
We are currently developing a global watchdog project with partner organisations in the environmental as well human rights movements. Together we research and collect data about fossil fuel flows and infrastructure expansions around the world. With this material we will build interactive maps and combine them with local stories from local communities around the world impacted by the fossil fuel industry.
You will join a team of expert researchers using a combination of search engines, databases, freedom of information requests and OSINT tools. We seek a researcher with background knowledge about the fossil fuel industry or at least environmental issues in Belgium.
Your role will be to dig into the case files we already compiled, to identify the stories in there, gather additional needed information, build a coherent sequence of stories and write about those in a comprehensible way. You will also monitor key activities from the industry to feed our maps.
Your responsibilities include:
- Running background checks on people, companies and their networks
- Interpreting corporate and legal documents
- Writing comprehensive reports on research findings to be shared with journalists or long-reads to be published on the project’s dedicated web platform
- Joining our investigative team to support the global project with Belgian inputs
- Working closely with other members of the research team to solve complex research queries
- Identifying ways to obtain information from new sources and handle freedom of information requests (with support of the research team)
Please apply using the Greenpeace application platform: https://greenpeacebelgium.recruitee.com/o/fossil-fuel-researcher-freelance-position
All applications must be submitted in English by the end of day on September 30, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.