Fundraising Development Head
7 days ago
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organization, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future. To maintain its independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments, intergovernmental organizations or corporations, but relies entirely on contributions from individual supporters & private foundations. Our vision is for a greener, just and safer planet, one that can sustain life for generations to come. We cannot build this future alone, but we can build it together. If you are passionate about defending our natural world and creating positive change, then we want to hear from you and join forces.
Team: Engagement- Fundraising Team, Greenpeace Greece (GP GR)
Reports to: Executive Director
About the job
As the Fundraising Development Head in Greenpeace Greece, you will be an integral part of Greenpeace’s Greece leadership team, demonstrating an understanding of every aspect of the organization while leading all fundraising and development activities for the organization. You will be responsible for maximizing income from individuals by inspiring and engaging audiences and developing lifelong relationships (working closely and fully aligned with our Engagement- Communications Team), securing the financial resources we need, whilst activating those supporters to work with us to win crucial campaigns. You should be comfortable with setting and delivering the growth strategy for Greenpeace Greece, while developing and managing lead generation (FR will co shape the lead generation strategy and will be fully responsible for follow up and conversion) and conversion and all acquisition channels (current and new), including online and telefundraising, to raise income and build and maintain a sustainable supporter base of regular donors. Ultimately, if you are up for this challenge, you will be responsible for the planning, management, resourcing, coordinating, and reviewing of all fundraising activities, including fundraising and marketing strategies, budget management for the department’s expenditure and income; integration and internal collaboration; and building external relationships and networks to further our cause. If you are a goal oriented and self motivated individual, who is happy rolling up sleeves to lead day to day operations, then we would like to meet you!
Key duties & responsibilities (The Role) -subject but not limited to:
- Develop an effective Fundraising Strategy, to achieve online and offline income targets across all channels (annually & 3 Year) and lead the Fundraising Team to its successful implementation.
- Drive the organization’s digital marketing strategy and contribute to the overall digital strategy
- Identify and test new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
- Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve Greenpeace Greece’s action plans
- Develop and maintain on and offline income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems, while ensuring that the Department is kept within budget
- Improve efficiencies and monitoring of current income streams (for the latter, in close cooperation with the Organizational Support Director)
- Ensure cross-functional working, communication and collaboration with Engagement- Communications and Campaign teams to generate and develop a truly integrated fundraising strategy, always in line with the organization’s values and mission
- Ensure that there is cohesion and continuity in Greenpeace Greece’s fundraising strategy
- Create strategies for ongoing innovation and testing in the fundraising programme
- Oversee the management of income programs, supporting staff as necessary and ensuring production of effective, high-quality proposals and reports
- Establish, shape, implement and monitor effective supporter journeys for the development of relations as well as for retention
- Manage an effective and successful fundraising team and agree on objectives and work plans
- Integrate and liaise with Engagement- Fundraising Teams from Global Greenpeace to develop and coordinate Fundraising concepts and projects.
Requirements (The ideal candidate):
Qualifications and experience:
- At least five (5) years Fundraising or equivalent commercial sales sector experience generating multi-channel income programs
- Proven track record in online and offline fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organization
- Awareness and/or experience of local/international fundraising market and where relevant innovation is happening elsewhere
- Knowledge and hands on experience of building donor acquisition and retention programs
- Experience of Audience Segmentation and usage of Insights to inform a marketing strategy
- Proven experience in direct marketing campaigns across various channels, including telemarketing, emails, SMSs, direct mail, and social media
- Solid experience of Database-Driven-Marketing and demonstrate good understanding of CRM systems
- Have experience in managing external suppliers, drafting contracts and agreements and supporting staff in cases of escalation
- Proven experience in leadership roles, managing teams and managing complex budget
- Have a good understanding and experience of the digital marketing landscape (channels & tools) and use of analytics in order to map donors and prospects' online behavior, with an end view to diversify our online activation and conversion touch-points
- Be ultra-confident with setting KPIs, putting together and monitoring budgets and different income scenarios and making swift decisions to remedy potential shortfalls.
- Be confident in leading and motivating the Fundraising Team in an inclusive manner while providing specific tools and opportunities for professional growth and development
- Excellent organizational competencies: Professionalism, Teamwork, Communication, Innovative, strategic thinking and global mindset
- Build strong working relationships with other Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International
- Hands-on and love “getting your hands dirty”, but also know when it's best to delegate.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Commitment to Greenpeace core values and strategic direction
- High level of emotional intelligence and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken Greek and English
- Good sense of ownership, responsibility and commitment to confidentiality
- Innovative and solution driven personality keeping up with technologies trends
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Marketing degree qualification or equivalent hands on marketing/engagement experience
- Have an understanding of the NGO sector and how it differs from other sectors. Similar experience in an NGO will be highly appreciated
- You are used to change and able to navigate a complex ever evolving environment well
You will be part of a dynamic Global Campaigning Organization, while acquiring new skills and growing professionally. You will have hands- on workplace experience and you will be part of a motivated team that values respect, support and teamwork. The closing date for applications is on 6th November 2022. Please be advised that applications will be processed after the closing date and at the latest within two (2) weeks of the closing date. Please also note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and that salary is according to Greenpeace’s Greece salary grid. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Greenpeace Greece is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust.
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
- Which FR Campaign do you consider as the most succesful one in Greece for the past 5 years? Why?