We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
The Staff Data Engineer possesses a strong background in Data Analysis, Business Intelligence and development along with strong technical skills and is responsible for creating intuitive, secure and performant customer experiences.
This role will work on an agile, interdisciplinary team of engineers and programmer analysts developing both breadth and depth of business knowledge. This role works closely with cross- functional teams to effectively coordinate the complex interdependencies inherent in the applications.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement data integrations across the organization as well as with business applications.
- Participate in the design and development of projects, either independently or on a team.
- Develop and maintain data-oriented web applications with scalable web services, utilizing agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Uphold data quality and availability standards for downstream consumers.
- Manage, own, and execute projects through to successful conclusions.
- Mentor team members including pair programming and skills development.
- Participate in data design and architecture discussions, considering solutions in the context of the larger GoodLeap ecosystem.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 6-10 years of full-time Data Analysis and Software Development experience
- Experience with an end to end reporting & analytics technology: data warehousing (SQL,
- NoSQL) to BI/Visualization (Tableau, PowerBI, Excel)
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with DataBricks
- Expertise with relational databases (including functional SQL/stored procedures) and non-
- relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastic Search)
- Experience with orchestrating data pipelines with modern tools such as Airflow
- Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs using .Net, Node.js and GraphQL
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with open source web frameworks (e.g. Vue
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (IAM, Cognito, EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with messaging paradigms and serverless technologies (Lambda, SQS, SNS, SES)
- Experiences working with server-less applications on public clouds (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with large, complex codebases and know how to maintain them
In addition to the above salary, this role may be eligible for a bonus and equity.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!