Director, Product Management, Funding & Payments
10 days ago
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
The Director of Product Management will assist in leading our Product Management team, devising strategies for our funding and payments products, and establishing standardized processes. This individual must possess the ability to implement strategies in critical yet ambiguous product areas while guiding their team on leveraging data and research to maximize the impact of these strategies both within their own team and across other teams within the company. This presents a great opportunity to join Goodleap and make a significant impact on products at scale. The ideal candidate for this role will be dedicated to creating exceptional products for our internal and external customers. They should excel in building teams, possess a first principle-oriented mindset, and demonstrate a strong passion for the craft of product.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Shape, lead, and execute the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our payments and funding products.
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to launch.
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams and executives to ensure that our payments and funding products are integrated with our overall business strategy.
- Work with customers and partners to gather feedback and identify new opportunities.
- Recruit outstanding product thinkers with high standards, great UX instincts, workflow design capability, and a passion for explaining complex concepts to non-technical users to form a world-class management group.
- Lead change management plans & adoption of new functionality in order to assure maximum value realized from our development efforts.
- Work cross-functionally to design and deliver delightful user experiences. Interact effectively with business leaders and executives to translate “1-liner emails” and “ad hoc” report requests into actionable business needs, requirements, and viable, sustainable solutions.
- Prioritize and represent needs to your development squad clearly and concisely in Agile ceremonies and through outstanding (yet concise) requirements documentation (User stories, breakdown of implementation plans, Acceptance Criteria, etc.)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- 10+ years professional experience in product management, with focus on payments
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach, and lead a product management team
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills, ability to breakdown complex projects into logical actionable parts
- Strong competency (&/or FAST learning!) of the Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Software development experience in agile development environments
- Experience eliciting functional requirements and documenting clear, concise written requirements
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external software customers and Executives
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.