Assistant General Counsel
Bentonville, AR, United States
9 days ago
Responsible for managing litigation, arbitration, and pre-litigation matters, managing legal documents, investigate details of cases and provides advice on legal and regulatory issues, with regards to consumer finance.
We provide friendly financing options for those who dream of living a more sustainable lifestyle and want to save money using modern technology. Our collective mission is to make a positive impact on the planet, build lasting relationships with our valued partners and customers, and deliver a tech-enabled financing experience that is simple, fast, and frictionless.
We are creating a financial ecosystem that connects billions of dollars of capital to millions of homeowners that want to convert their outdated houses into modern, smart, energy-efficient homes. By unlocking access to numerous products that help people achieve better sustainability, we are revolutionizing the home improvement industry and protecting our only planet.
As part of our world-positive initiative, we are also the official sponsor of GivePower – a foundation that uses solar-based solutions to power life’s basic needs for people in developing regions of the world.
If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on our planet, and help mission-driven businesses and consumers achieve a more sustainable future, join us.
Learn more about our perks and culture!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage litigation, arbitration, and pre-litigation matters, including supervising, managing, and evaluating outside counsel on litigation.
- Provide advice on legal and regulatory issues relating to litigation of consumer finance matters. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by the company.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Competence as a lawyer; ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in providing counsel to clients.
- Sound judgment: ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations; ability to cross think and determine who should be kept informed.
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty, and fairness.
- Good team player, calm under pressure.
- Self-confident and inspires confidence from clients.
- Must have a JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Prefer candidate with experience in handling consumer finance matters before federal, state courts and administrative agencies.
- Prefer candidate with experience in counseling clients on consumer finance matters.
- Committed to being a legal business partner to internal clients.
Location: Bentonville, AR
Compensation: $138,000 – 214,600/ annually DOE
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other managers related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and other skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
If you are an extraordinary professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and values a rewarding career, then we want to work with you! Apply today!