INTRODUCTION TO GGGI
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. To learn more please visit about GGGI web page.
The individual chosen for this role will be expected to undergo a comprehensive two-month training program in Seoul, Korea, immediately upon commencing their assignment.
The Associate will report to the Office of Human Resources (OHR) and Operations, Senior Associate, Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) and will be responsible for delivering human resources services to the LAC region. This includes conducting quality reviews of position descriptions/terms of references, coordinating process of staff recruitment and onboarding, managing the engagement of individual consultants, interns, secondees, and volunteers, and supporting other corporate HR initiatives.
- Work closely with the LAC Regional Director, the Operations Senior Associate, Administrative staff, and Program Managers in countries to ensure integrity across staff recruitment and engagement of individual consultant processes, complying with established GGGI policies, standards, while ensuring timely action and response.
- In consultation with the OHRadvise regional staff, including Project Managers and Administrative staff, on general HR rules, best practices, standards of internal and external recruitment, and engagement of individual consultants, in line with GGGI’s policies.
- Work with the OHR to support corporate HR initiatives and contribute to overall HR service improvement.
- Maintain reputation for quality and reliability through provision of services consistently and in keeping with policies and principles of the organization.
- Review Job descriptions for staff and Terms of references for consultants, ensure consistent application and quality standard.
- Coordinate entire recruitment process with the Hiring managers and OHR , starting from longlisting to onboarding.
- Manage the process of engagement of individual consultants, adhering to the established standards.
- Contribute to corporate onboarding program improvement, by engaging with OHR .
- Coordinate implementation and raise awareness of the existing HR practices and procedures in the region.
- Provide guidance on application of HR policies practices.
- Analyze and provide HR reports as requested by OHR or Regional office.
- Coordinate implementation of other HR initiatives and operations including performance management, learning and development, staff well-being, among others as needs arise.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the OHR to ensure consistent service improvement.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in human resources, psychology, or other relevant area. Master's degree or a post-graduate qualification in a relevant field would be considered as advantage.
- Preferably at least 5 years of relevant experience in human resources or related service areas.
- Strong Spanish and English communication (speaking, writing and presentation) skills.
- Mexican citizen / Colombian citizen or entitled to work in Mexico or Colombia.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Solid hands-on expertise in Microsoft Office, Excel is a must as well and utilizing experience of HR and/or Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Experience working in matrix teams with dual reporting.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Fast learner, quick to adapt to new environment and bring immediate contribution.
- High literacy with systems, processes, and high level of analytical thinking.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize effectively when the level of workload is high.
- Self-initiative, motivated and team oriented, with capacity to work under pressure.
- Strong ability to work with little supervision and/or virtually, while maintaining productivity.
- Ability to produce deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Ability to find solutions to complex issues without the need to escalate further.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Excels at problem solving, ask questions and seeks support when needed, shares easily information and knowledge with others both internally as externally.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Be able to lead where needed and provide solutions to challenges.
- Strong understanding and ability to execute operational processes that lead to successful project delivery.
The chosen candidate is expected to be based in Mexico City, Mexico or Bogota, Colombia and will report directly to the LAC Operations Senior Associate (based in Mexico City) and Office of Human Resources (based in Seoul, Republic of Korea).
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.