Protection & Control Systems Project Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
8 days ago
Job Description Summary
- Job description:
- Project engineer of protection and control systems, CCS. Execute projects in collaboration with project engineering departments (DCS, Service), Project Management , procurements, tender &other support functions
- Be prime technical customer contact for the execution of the project.
- Design of electrical schematics for electrical power substation. Generation, Distribution and Transmission electrical systems.
- Obtains and interprets various electrical diagram drawings for components associated with an electrical power substation and use the information to complete point to point wiring on these drawings
- Obtains, interprets and utilizes information from client’s specification to verify, modify or analyze information from client engineering staff or from the field to define the solution and carry out point to point wiring
- Obtains and interprets elementary drawings for client’s protection and control equipment and utilize information to verify or modify wiring or other related drawings.
- Obtains and interprets information on panels, relay racks or other arrangement drawings and modify or relate to panels, relay racks or other wiring diagrams. Retrofitting solutions.
- Understands and utilizes the concept of representing; additions, removals and modification of devices, circuits and equipment on client’s drawings
- Designs the installation of new equipment (i.e. Relay racks.) within an electrical power substation: definition of materials in collaboration with supply chain, management of the product life cycle documentation (by PLM tool)
- Participate on the panel industrialization supporting the manufacturing plant.
- Develop bus bar protection schemes configurations: from topology set up to control logic, parameterization, communications and testing of the protection equipment.
- Support in project management (internal validation tests, FAT tests, creation, documentation review)
- Coordination with different departments (manufacturing, services, tendering).
- Be accountable for On time delivery, project operating , margins improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Process continuous improvement. Contribute to operations department development & South Europe Region continuous improvement
- Support comercial team by return of experience, optimizing project cost & deliveries
- Follow GE compliance Policies and promote open reporting
- Very familiar with electrical schematics, designs, and symbols
- 3-4 years of experience in electrical power substation design (utility industry experience is a plus)
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Engineering and Business knowledge with experience in electrical power substation
- Knowledge of Electricity Transmission, Distribution & Industrial markets
- Knowledge of electrical system operation (AIS,GIS…)
- Intermediate in EPLAN design.
- Languages: Fully Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages Valued ( French, Italian and /or Portuguese)
- Autonomy & Rigor
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skill with a strong customer focus and ability to cooperate with different departments
- Willing to travel around 30%
- Desired Characteristics
- Knowledge of programming / automation of tasks in databases
- Knowledge of CE/UL/CSA/IEC certifications
- Technical negotiation capability: enable at the start of the project to negotiate with the client the technical solution most aligned with the design standards in order to end up prescribing it.
- initiative, attention to detail
- Motivation and desire to learn
- Immediate incorporation
- Other languages
Relocation Assistance Provided: No