Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
16 days ago
Job Description SummaryGE-Renewable Energy would like to recruit a Lead Embedded Software Engineer to work for our Grid Solutions business. Reporting to the Control Software Platform R&D team leader, you will be responsible for the architecting and development of a continuous automation build and test system for a global team and alignment to DevOps whilst being a contributor to the design, coding and delivery of sharable firmware micro services for use within embedded products for the Transmission, Distribution and Industrial products.
- Responsible for development of a DevOps continuous integration / test system for microservice based components.
- Contributor to the firmware design and implementation of microservices using the EdgeOS on Linux for multiple hardware platforms contributing to the common platform software and cross-product sharable software modules.
- Align with the technical lead on all the technical activities.
- Proactively share and clearly articulate technical information across teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality software output using current software development methodologies and tools (e.g. CI/CD), metrics, unit testing, technical documentation and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Proven experience of DevOps related practices and tools for continuous integration, testing and deployment, including pipelines, configuration management, static analysis, unit test and firmware deployment tools.
- Hands-on experience developing embedded software using cloud technologies and connection of edge devices.
- Strong C/C++ development skills, knowledge of Go, Java or scripting languages is a plus.
- Experience developing under Linux OS/Kernel and familiarity with ARM and X86 hardware platforms.
- Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Has the ability to make technology choices based on experience.
- Basic understanding of cyber security principles and secure software development processes.
- Experience working in a large, global company.
- Experience with Yocto project, tools and recipes.
- Knowledge of hypervisors and KVMs. Experience of API’s such as REST, RPC.
- Secure network protocols (SSH, SSL/TLS, sFTP, FTPS) and Industrial Communications Protocols.
- Experience of Message brokers such as MQTT, Redis and Data Model development.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No