Consulting Aplication engineer
GE Renewable Energy
24 days ago
Job Description Summary
- Execute engineering studies and analysis across the transmission, distribution, and industrial segments.
- Design and testing of customized P&C solutions (both in house and at customer installations) to meet user specifications & requirements
- Programing protection relays and RTUs
- Develop test setups, test plans, and test case (including wiring diagrams and configurations of relays and controllers)
- Perform in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) including Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) tests using real-time digital simulators
- Prepare test reports, project reports, and project deliverables
- Analyze and troubleshoot field cases involving GE or third-party relays
- Participate in business development activities to grow services, including writing and presenting technical papers, delivering customer presentations,
- May require travel up to 10 - 30% of the time depending on projects
- B.S (Masters or higher is preferred) in Electrical, Computer or Power Systems Engineering with very good understanding of power system applications and analysis.
- Minimum (2) years of experience in protection, control, and automation applications
- Understanding of power systems phenomena in transmission & distribution systems
- Understanding of power system protection relays, automation, control and communication protocols.
- Ethical and professional business manner in interaction with team members and customers.
- Customer focused; open to accept new challenges and share ideas
- Technical skills to execute projects and write SOW proposals.
- Strong learning skills.
- Willingness and ability to work across time zones to support global customers if required
- Experienced in study software and power system tools such as Mathcad, MATLAB, PSSE, Power Factory, ASPEN, CAPE for automating the power system study process.
- Understand of communication system protocols and architectures in electric power industry (DNP3, MODBUS, IEC61850, OpenFMB, etc.).
- Experience with RTDS or Opal Simulation Platforms
- Flexibility to work in a multi-customer environment and to adapt to requests/comments made in the course of execution.
- Experience with transmission, distribution, and smart grid standards;
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and presentations
- Knowledge or field experience with system commissioning and testing
Relocation Assistance Provided: No