Job Description SummaryYour role as the Wind Farm Field Service Technician will see you interface regularly with the Service Management, Client, internal technical team, other GE Onshore wind farms, contractors and the local community. Performing scheduled and unscheduled servicing of wind turbines and site infrastructure based on Bodangora Wind Farm, NSW
- Interpret the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins and complete assigned tasks in accordance with GE work instructions
Perform and ensure the proper maintenance and fault finding of assets
- Maintain reports using GE’s various software management tools and databases
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the organization's JSA, LOTO, EHS and associated policies/procedures
- Report errors, violations, incidents or problems immediately using GE reporting systems
- Submit enquiries to Engineering to ensure technical issues are resolved
- Answer questions from Management, Engineering, Sourcing and Project Teams as required
- Make a conformance or non-conformance decision upon completion of inspections
- Form part of an on-call roster to work weekends and nights if required or as directed by management
- Perform high voltage switching operations according to site procedures as required
- Be familiar with and follow all EHS policies, and procedures applicable to their job
- Report any injuries, spills, near misses or related incidents and Any concerns about possible violations of this policy and Any concerns about a possible request to violate this policy
- Cooperate with GE investigations and EHS audits
- Call attention to fellow employees of unsafe acts, and unsafe conditions and practices to their Manager, Supervisor, and EHS Manager/Coordinator
- As a minimum, either a qualified electrician or a qualified mechanic with electrical aptitude.
- Proficient in fault finding electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Trained to an intermediate level in computer skills.
- Must have positive attitude and the ability to complete physically demanding tasks at heights.
- Must hold Australian Driving License
- Technical aptitude
- Problem solving skills
- Physical fitness for climbing and maintenance tasks
- Commitment to safety protocols
- Effective communication and teamwork
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- HRWL including Dogging, Rigging (Advanced), Forklift, EWP.
- GWO Basic
- GWO Advanced Rescue Training
- HV Switching Qualification/Experience