Services Site Manager (Hydro)
GE Renewable Energy
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThe Services site manager, reporting to the US Construction Leader, will be responsible for determining the site execution strategy, schedule, and budget for the bid/tender of the project or projects. The services site manager will also lead the execution of the project on site. This position requires 80-100% travel. Working with GE means you will be working for a company that holds itself to a high standard on EHS, Quality, and integrity.
GE Renewable Energy’s portfolio of solutions for hydropower generation includes the broadest range of hydro solutions and services: from water to wire, from individual equipment to complete turnkey solutions, for new plants and the installed base. At GE, we believe that the combination of our extensive hydro and digital intelligence makes GE Renewable Energy well-suited to serve the intense & ongoing energy transition. Smarter and more connected, GE’s hydro plants no longer just generate power, they store it and deliver it to the grid with an unmatched level of predictability, flexibility and efficiency. GE is the largest player with 30% of globally installed base in hydro storage. The company’s turbines and generators portfolio represent more than 25% of the total installed capacity worldwide and encompasses a wide range of solutions from 5 MW to 850 MW power per unit to meet a wide range of needs
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our Project Managers work with integrity, great commitment, and incredible collaborative skills. Their projects can be global and complex, so they thrive under pressure and complicated management chains. While the work can be tough, the sense of pride they feel at the end result motivates our Project Managers to hang tough and focus on outcomes. Through your personal integrity and unparalleled organizational skills, you can work in a role that delivers an incredible sense of accomplishment, making a mark on the future of our world.
- Execution (~80%):
- Mobilize the site and set up of site infrastructure which you have arranged ahead of time
- Plan all tooling needed ahead of time and arrange to have on site when needed
- Plan and set up vehicles, accommodation and other support for site staff & Crew
- Build the crew to perform the work on site. (Millwrights, Winders, Electricians, Pipefitters, Crane operators, etc.)
- Establish site rules & regulations within the guidelines of safety and leadership behavior policies
- Select/interview and hire local personnel as required
- Execute daily, weekly and monthly comprehensive reports
- Set up the site filing and document control system
- Strategically execute the GE EHS Policy and the site EHS plan
- Own the site Cost Control
- Personally manage the site schedule, progress of work and cost in Microsoft Project
- Set up and strategically execute the site QA/QC plan
- Carry out coaching and disciplinary actions as per GE regulations
- Take necessary actions to maintain a respectful jobsite with high site morale
- Manage subcontractors from the date the PO is awarded to when they complete their scope
- Leverage other functions as well as teams within Construction & Commissioning to ensure successful execution of the site works.
- Managerial (Budget/Cost Control/Administration/People)
- The overall management and leadership of the GE site staff at the project level.
- Developing a Site Safety Culture during the site execution of the project.
- Owns site budget, mitigates risks & seeks for opportunities - ensures site cost control & reporting
- Applies quality requirements related to site activities and NCR - manages information for claims and
- Feedback of Experience.
- Ensures that construction, installation and commissioning completion documentation and hand-over
- packages are timely prepared and submitted
- Ensures local purchase procedures are implemented and followed.
- Promote & develop a collaborative atmosphere to achieve seamless execution of site works between GE, sub-contractors, our customer and other contractors on site (e.g. civil works)
- Executing the project within the site installation budget.
- Achieving all major milestones within the site schedule.
- Performance assessments of all site staff including contracted labor.
- Maintaining a relationship of integrity, trust, respect, and a high level of satisfaction with our customers.
- Closeout of all site subcontracts with fair and proper allocation of costs, minimizing impact to GE.
- Be the representative of GE to the customer and local authorities.
- Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE at all times.
- Tendering (~20%):
- Analyze RFQ/Specification & participate in Base of Scope definition
- Determine strategy pertaining to labor, scheduling, logistics, conditions, etc.
- Work with Sourcing & Engineering to build a multi-functional strategy
- Leverage reference projects executed in the past
- Work with Costing team to ensure the best strategy is chosen & ultimately validate the costing estimates
- Prepare risks & opportunities for Construction & Commissioning
- Travel for site visits
- The split % between tendering & execution may fluctuate with business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or management field relating to construction/service or Hydro Electric Generators & Turbines (or equivalent trade certification/qualification and experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Hydro field execution
- Site management experience;
- Experience supervising construction workers in the field
- Experience with technical concepts (including Hydro Machines, turbines, generators, etc.);
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Strong EHS culture;
- Strong influencer and capacity to lead change across the Field Ops function;
- Strong IT skills (i.e. MS Excel, MS Project, PDF Creation/Modification, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Teams).
- Lead with integrity, resolve, empathy, uncompromising safety and quality
- Strong ability to be fully autonomous in overall decision-making
- Strong EHS culture
- Pro-active, Flexible, Autonomous
- Be proficient in English
- Have valid drivers license
The salary range for this position is $90,000.00-$110,000.00 USD. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation. GE offers benefits and programs to help you manage your personal and family needs, grow and develop you and your career, support your work / life integration, and help you stay connected through volunteerism, employee networks, and philanthropy.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No