Ingénieur/e Basse tension
GE Renewable Energy
4 days ago
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
As a Lead LV Secondary Engineer, you will report to the LV Engineering Manager and will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic team of engineers working on the requirement, design, integration, installation, and commissioning of HVDC and AC Control and Protection System.
Roles and Responsibilities
Overseeing the overall technical solution that meets customer Requirement
This includes the following actives:
- Requirement Capture, Gap Analysis
- Define Schematic diagrams requirements of the Control & protection system and produce detailed design documentation, drawings, test specification and test report.
- Prepare substation Single line diagrams & Protection Single line diagrams and Protection list & specification.
- Prepare Principal diagrams (Interlockings, Protection actions, Polarities, HVDC specific functions)
- Prepare Technical specification for cabling, fibre optic, cable list & Cable routing
- Interface with equipment supplier and reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors and analyse a variety of engineering data, documents, and reports.
- Prepare design models for the new project using available design tools
- Ensure that design projects are undertaken by competent personnel and sub-contractors reviewing designs created by others
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Prepare Bill of Material for LV equipment using available tools.
- Prepare replies to customer comments on technical submittals in coordination with project management.
- Attend meeting with customers/contractors/ consultants for technical discussions.
- Prepare design calculations including DC Load, power consumption & heat dissipation data calculations.
- Managing small team on project, provide technical guidance and mentoring as necessary ·
- Engineering degree in electrical or electronic engineering.
- 5 years minimum experience in an EPC project environment in the T&D, Power Gen, or Oil & Gas industries, with at least 2 projects as an engineer responsible for the business.
- Good experience in project management and budget management processes, quality, planning, R&O.
- Motivated to evolve in an international environment & recognizes himself in our key values.
- Good leadership, listening and communication skills.
- Experience in functional team management.
- Good experience in managing technical interfaces and systems integration.
- Solid knowledge of conventional substation control system design.
- Solid experience in the design of control and protection cabinets, preferably in high voltage substation or power plant environments.
- Good knowledge of the control and protection functions of high voltage AC substations
- Good knowledge of ancillary services engineering in a substation environment and understanding of design/commissioning of secondary systems.
- Knowledge of networking and telecommunications.
- Experience with engineering tools such as AutoCAD, Engineering Base or Microsoft Visio.
- Good level of English: TOEIC >850 or CEFR >B2
Relocation Assistance Provided: No