Job Description SummaryWe are looking for an experienced electrical engineering expert in the area of power transformers and shunt-reactors to join our technology team. The main tasks are to support our PTR factories worldwide in demanding projects and the further development of our products.
- Understanding national and international design standards and necessary design tools
- Product development of Medium and Large Power Transformers as well as Shunt reactors
- Ensuring components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Using specialized software to analyze magnetic circuits, electro-magnetic fields, insulation strength and verification of electrical adequacy of products.
- Following non-conformance reports and taking necessary preventive actions. Attend engineering & production reviews to produce error free designs & reliable products, to reduce the cost of non-quality and to insure adequate performance of the unit.
- Promoting PTR wide initiatives related to electrical design quality and reliability.
- Supporting PTR quality initiatives with an important focus on design robustness
- Analyzing customer complaints and respond to them.
- Support of manufacturing units in terms of any quality issues
- Participation and support of the manufacturing units for complex projects during Tender stage and/or contract execution
- Develop and maintain business relations and effective communication with suppliers, to benefit from their support & to support suppliers in production of quality components.
- Aware of the company and local EHS policies, rules and standards. Performing the preventive/corrective actions in collaboration with EHS team to avoid the accidents, incidents and environmental damages.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in the transformer industry
- Strong background in Transformer electrical technology
- Exposed to international environment
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of the product related technology and domestic/technology/academic environment
- Knowledge of the development process/methodology of new technologies/products
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Considered a Senior Expert in a transformer engineering discipline
Relocation Assistance Provided: No