Lead Sourcing Specialist
GE Renewable Energy
5 days ago
Job Description SummaryNegotiate with dedicated providers according to specific policies. Achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Focused on execution of standard enabling activities/provision of advice subject to policy and work routines within an enabling discipline. There may be some latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels. Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers. Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement. Manage claims. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc. This may also include purchasing activities.
- Broadening knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline to execute functional policy/strategy; still developing functional knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined policy/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires basic experience in the Sourcing & Commodity Management. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Note:To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes