Job Description SummaryPurpose of the Job
- Perform Refurbishment and Service transactional project, spare parts management execution and support new Product Development initiatives in the field of “Governing systems.”
- Responsible for major and complex Refurbishment and Service project execution assignments from ITO to OTR
- Active participation in elaboration of conceptual, basic and detailed design of Turbine Governing System.
- Responsible for tender in functional area of expertise within Governing system bids.
- Allotted work to be perform in define schedules and budgeted manhours.
- Standardization and methodology aspects for mechanical engineering.
- Functional reporting to your Mechanical COE leader and operationally to the System Integrator.
- EHS: Implementation EHS policy & procedures of GE for design aspect.
Below activities will be completed for Tender and Execution of Transactional/Retrofit/Refurbishment projects for Installed base/Services/Fleet operations
- Contract analyses.
- Creation of activities in EMT, based on budget (supplied by Sub-CoE Leader) and project planning (supplied by System Integrator P&S).
- Support to System Integrator for technical interface management under MINFEX.
- Preparation of engineering documents (following design practices) – Design Memorandum, P&ID, Functional Description, Calculation Note, Technical Purchase Specification for:
- Hydraulic Power Unit,
- Electronic Speed Governor,
- HP Compressors,
- Oleo-hydraulic Equipment,
- Electric al boxes.
- Organization and participation to design reviews (with principal engineer).
- Technical Bid Evaluations, kick of meetings, supplier follow-up and detailed design review and validation. Manufacturing clearance, factory acceptance tests and operating & maintenance manuals.
- Prepare and perform technical training to clients/partners.
- Site support during erection, commissioning and warranty period.
- Transverse missions :
- Business trips (site, client office, supplier workshop).
- Active participation in standardization and cost out actions.
- Deliver technical documentation and equipment within the time schedule and allocated budget.
- Apply EHS rules and technical standards on projects.
Knowledge / Experience:
He or She should have Engineer graduate with a dynamic professional with nearly 5 to 10 years of good experience in Governing System engineering for Hydro Power Plant.
Expertise in basic and detail design engineering practices. Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office.
- English speaking and writing are mandatory.
- Very strong Engineering experience related to power plant processes
- Familiarity with Power plant troubleshooting, and services is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel 30 to 40% as required
- Must be willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution
- Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work, of cross- functional nature, with demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to work well with teams and communicate requests and requirements clearly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Understanding of business objectives and drives specific tasks required to meet the requirements
- Display good interpersonal skills, and is accessible and approachable
- Communicates messages clearly and concisely
- Inclusive, considers ideas and inputs of others, and openly shares experience and knowledge with others
- Innovative and thirst for knowledge, always learning, show courage in driving concepts into reality
Behavioral and Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Strong skill in Governing system hydraulic and electrical functions designs
- Experience in service project execution preferable for Governing System
- Remains cognizant of state-of-the-art in area of expertise for Governing.
- Works closely with other product and system team to develop Governing system for a project.
- Provide technical support to other internal and supplier engineering, Construction and Commissioning and supply chain organizations.
- Actively contribute to improvements in the specific discipline
- Have a strong approach and mindset towards quality and process improvement
- Should have good client interactions for gathering inputs or requirements for the project.
- Should have experience of working on design engineering operations involving Conceptual design, flow diagram and P&ID, layout of system and detail design, etc.
- Should have knowledge of preparing and review of detail working drawings.
- Preparing Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and Technical Specifications.
- Handling Enquiries and floating the Tender Documents.
- Evaluation of technical submittals by Vendor and approval on the same.
- Preparing BOQ for services related enquiries of hydro power plant and Cost Estimation of the Project.
- Should be able to work with more than one projects simultaneously.
- Should follow the company integrity program.
- Should have knowledge about various STD codes of Mechanical systems.
- Should have good knowledge about EHS/safety rules which shall be considered during engineering.
- Lead Root Cause Investigations and Analysis (RCI/RCA) for problems reported from site
- Support GE businesses, supplier, and internal / external customer
- Support service programs, fulfillment, and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Provide proactive and strong contribution to quality, productivity and cost out projects
- Interact and collaborate with regional and global teams of engineers in resolving problems with tight time constraints
- Make timely technical decisions autonomously when the situation dictates
- Lead and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, services, design engineering, field engineering, projects, etc.
- Travel to customer locations to:
A. Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion
B. GE's commitment technical solution
C. support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability goals
D. provide commercial teams with technical support for sales and services proposal activities.
- Communicate progress to all levels of the organization
- Make recommendations after analysis of the data using quality tools
- Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
- Develop and implement training modules as necessary
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes