Job Description SummaryThe Lead engineer in COE is responsible for execution of complete project as a lead of Turbine mechanical design with support of team & would be responsible for key deliverables & timely execution of projects while maintaining first pass yield. He/ She will work with consulting & Principal engineers on different technical topics & validation of project design under his / her responsibilities.
He /She shall have good experience in design of large hydro projects with expertise in hydro Turbine design domain. He /She shall actively assess new ideas & technologies for enabling product cost-out. He /She shall be able to resolve any technical issue during execution of project with interfacing functions, COEs & site crew.
He /She will be responsible for leading key technical assignment & programs beside technical execution of projects. He /She shall utilize his / her expertise & experience to solve problems, develop & execute objectives for self-focusing on short- & long-term business goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Basic design & Calculation of hydro Turbine component, piping & Aux for hydroelectric power station projects.
- Work closely with consulting engineer, develop design practices; update & maintain technical guidelines.
- Adopt to new emerging technology/ solutions & transfer know how to the COE team.
- Leverage experience and technical competency to solve business problems collaborating with cross-functional teams from product line, systems engineering, material process, advanced manufacturing engineering, sourcing, quality & Site teams.
- Lead & deliver on NPI, cost out programs & should cost approach in COE; actively assess new ideas & technologies for enabling product cost-out.
- Implement lessons learnt from fleet issues, supplier quality issues into new designs focusing on design robustness
- Exercise technical discretion and decision making; address & resolve site & customer related issues.
- Respects GE Global Engineering technical know-how rules. (Technology, Quality, TRS…).
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort to maintain healthy group dynamics.
- Bachelor / Advanced degree in Mechanical engineering with minimum 10 + years’ experience in Hydro /Heavy machinery in Basic design (sizing) & calculation.
- Strong knowledge in one or several Hydro products / components/ Systems. Hands on experience in execution of engineering of hydro projects & detailed know how on hydro Turbine technology & design.
- High level of competency in Analytical calculation, AutoCAD, NX.
- Strong experience in execution of basic, calculation & detail engineering with checking & validation skills.
- Shall be open minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with cross regional team of respective COEs
- Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication. Knowledge of other languages preferable however not mandatory
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy; ability to interact with functions
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills; strong communicator … ability to translate insights into clear strategic recommendations.
- Strong cost, safety and reliability culture
- Ability to work in team around labor standards
- Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environment
- Ability to define his/her priorities
- Rigorous analysis and action
- Open to change
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team-player … positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes