Engineer - Control System Detail Design
GE Renewable Energy
17 days ago
Job Description SummaryAs Detail Design Engineer, Control System Engineering you will be responsible for delivering high quality detail design documents for power plants control system. You will independently perform control cubicle hardware design of the various hydro Control system packages in the projects under guidance from package Engineer.
This is a cross-functional role needing collaboration with process partners and internal or external customers. Must coordinate within Engineering functions, Supply Chain and Customer facing organizations focused on product/ manufacturing readiness, execution and delivery on routine engineering needs.
Operates as Control system design team member responsible for Engineering deliverables for detail design activities (Ex. – Control panel Equipment & Electrical drawings, Wire list, along with BOQ, part list, cable connecting design, cable list, Operation and Maintenance manuals, etc.) for Control and Governing system that meet customer, partner and program needs.
- Apply control design employing sensors, hardware, interlocking design, wiring principles, etc., to control the performance of devices, subsystems and systems.
- Create Equipment & electrical GA as well as Schematic drawings along with BOQ, using E-Plan software to support Control and Governing cubicle manufacturing, assembly, quality and inspection within expected cost, quality and schedule.
- Prepare control cable connecting design, network cable design, cable list, operation and maintenance manuals for control system referring to interface data identification from documents/drawings and upload on PLM
- Ensure all interfaces between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of mating parts and systems. Orientations, access, clearances, etc. meets layout of the project.
- Export tag applicable definition created by self and responsible purchased services based on jurisdiction and exportability classifications.
- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
- Stays current with industry developments in one’s field of expertise
- Handle complete control system detail design task autonomously.
- Participate in cubicle manufacturing related activities
- Create, modify and deploy E-Plan libraries as required in the project. Manage E-Plan database.
- Perform inspection and testing of the control cubicles at supplier’s workplace. Participate in FAT
- Perform cable design, read partner documents and update interface details in own drawings to generate accurate and optimized cable design
- Support customer response preparation, involve in short missions to project site for preparation of red-mark drawings and its conversion/updating E-Plan documents, prepare as-built drawings.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 6-8 years of engineering experience, with hands-on on control cubicle design
- Basic knowledge of electrical devices, polarity distribution, load calculation, database management, electrical symbols, Interface management etc…
- Should have worked on Equipment & electrical drawing preparation, basic knowledge of International electrical standards & proficient knowledge of E-Plan software. E3 software knowledge is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of International standards related to Control cubicle equipment’s.
- Good understanding of PLM processes.
- Should be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills
- Adhere to project schedules and implementation plans, achieve quality and delivery targets, KPIs
- Support functional programs on trainings, standardization & design practice initiatives, fulfillment, and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge in Control system / components/ Systems.
- Strong knowledge of E-Plan software. E3 software knowledge is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and capable of solving technical issues related to control system.
- Good level of understanding in Cubicle manufacturing processes.
- Hands-on experience working on PLCs, controller hardware, and troubleshooting control circuits.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes