Job Description SummaryReporting to the Test Solution Leader, the ideal candidate will be part of a global team and will have responsibility for the implementation and support of manufacturing test solutions.
A full range of test disciplines from PCB Test, Product Test Solution design and implementation, HV Test, Manufacture defect analysis to Module product test is covered by the team.
The successful candidate will be a team player, with a methodical and structured approach to work and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Specify, design and implement robust, cost effective production test solutions. The Functional Test Solutions will encompass Module, Product and HV Test
- The Test Solution Design will be both Hardware and Software.
- Design for Test Evaluation and reporting.
- Support to our outsourcing partners.
- This will require working as an individual, as part of a team and, where required, in association with Test Solution Providers.
- Use existing GE standard approved / industry standard technologies, tools and processes through carefully risk managed implementation plans.
- Generation of Technical files.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug.
- Technical management and, as required, support for local and outsourced projects which may include.
- Create & Manage designs.
- Progress management of solutions sought from Test Solution Providers.
- Risk Assessments
- Spares Management.
- Test Operator Training.
- Support Documentation creation & control.
- Generation of operating instructions.
- Contribute to definition, development and continuous improvement of applicable processes, procedures and guidelines for the area of Test Engineering responsibility.
- Ensure test solutions comply with relevant safety & environmental legislation including Risk Assessments
- Provide expertise to ensure the timely resolution of Production related issues occurring on the existing product ranges.
- Support internal audits and ensure adherence to documented policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate will have solid experience of the full Test Engineering development lifecycle.
- Degree qualification in Electronic Engineering or HNC/D with proven experience from working in equivalent environment.
- Knowledge and SW development skills in LabVIEW software.
- Embedded software code creation
- Experience of developing module & Product test solutions with standard and bespoke hardware and software equipment.
- Experience of test solutions for safety critical applications.
- Good knowledge of Electronic Circuitry.
- Familiar with emerging design for manufacture and design for test philosophies.
- Knowledge of VB, Python software, knowledge of WEEE , RoHS and Reach legislation.
- Failure Mode Effects and Analysis
- Knowledge of the electrical transmission & distribution industry would be advantageous.
- CAD packages mechanical and mechanical drawing creation.
- Knowledge of C,C++,C#,VB, Python software, knowledge of WEEE , RoHS and Reach legislation.
- CAD packages electrical
Relocation Assistance Provided: No